PDA

View Full Version : Nano Skin AutoScrub pad

Pages : [1] 2

hernandez.art13
04-27-2013, 08:27 PM
Has anybody used this? Claying a car freaks me out. In case I drop the clay that's $20 that I dropped. This nano skin sounds great and the foam pad is cheap, I cant find how much the AutoScrub pad is though, anybody know? but would I be able to use it with my Porter Cable? Cos that would be great.

I have 1 new Meguiars clay bar left and been very hesitant to use it. In case I drop it. Since the nano skin can be washed if dropped that would be great to add to my arsenal.

This one...
http://www.nanoskinusa.com/_e/AUTOSCRUB_System/product/AS-001/AUTOSCRUB_6_Pad.htm

Robert8194
04-27-2013, 08:42 PM
I've used both the autoscrub towel and wash mitt. They are great. Cuts the time drastically and does a very good job. I'm not inclined to use the version that fits on a DA because I can finish the job before I can get the DA set up.

VP Mark
04-27-2013, 08:50 PM
I just got the medium grade nano skin prep towel and was completely amazed. I clayed a car in literally
1/3 the time it normally took me. If you are going to be doing more than. One vehicle get the towel. For just one vehicle get the sponge they have it is quick and affordable.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

AeroCleanse
04-27-2013, 09:10 PM
I got the DA pad, works great! Its $50 for a 6" pad, they have other sizes as well.

psnt1ol
04-27-2013, 09:24 PM
I haven't use clay for about a year now. I have the pads and the mitts. Ever since the mitts came out, I've been using them much more often. It is faster than than the pads IMO and both processes are a great improvement in speed over traditional claying.

Maybe its due to my age.... I find that I am slightly fresher after when I use the DA with the pads than it is for the mitts. If I am doing a SUV or an oversize vehicle it will be the pads...no doubt.

Evan.J
04-27-2013, 10:06 PM
I have the pads that I got when AG did sale around Christmas and it makes mile clay process easy and much faster.

hernandez.art13
04-29-2013, 03:49 PM
1 (877) 707-6688 Nano Skin
I just called the customer service and spoke to the lady. I asked about how many uses will the auto scrub give me. She said 80-100. I asked her about getting a medium or fine grade. She said for white cars I can go ahead and use the medium grade. But for black cars to use fine grade.

AI asked about prices.

$49.99 for auto scrub
$49.99 for towel
I think she said $25 for foam pad.

Not 100% sure cos i am trying to remember these numbers off the top of my head.

jdmj0
04-29-2013, 06:13 PM
The pads are on back order with AGO so I'm just waiting for mines to be shipped to me.

With that being said, I'm fine with clay and just want to try the new hype.

If you're really worried about clay only because you're dropping it, I think you should concentrate more on your technique than anything. While the nanoskin stuff can simply be "rinsed" off, I'd still try to keep that to a minimum, especially if you're constantly dropping it on the ground.

hernandez.art13
04-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Not to keep playing the violin but my disability slows me down and "technique" when something so simple as claying is something that i least want to worry about.

I like the fact that I could put it on the PC. I'm just happy to be out there buffing and not in a wheel chair.

cardaddy
04-29-2013, 11:21 PM
What are y'all using for lube with Nanoskin? Jus' wonderin'.... ;)

Figure I'll go ahead and do yet ANOTHER order in the morning. (To go with the darned near $600 one I did today.)

Forgot the 64oz M21 2.0! :rolleyes:

jvs1991
04-29-2013, 11:26 PM
What are y'all using for lube with Nanoskin? Jus' wonderin'.... ;)

Figure I'll go ahead and do yet ANOTHER order in the morning. (To go with the darned near $600 one I did today.)

Forgot the 64oz M21 2.0! :rolleyes:

Nano skin glide works great. Also tried last touch, worked fine but glide is a better deal when you do the math.

cardaddy
04-29-2013, 11:29 PM
Nano skin glide works great. Also tried last touch, worked fine but glide is a better deal when you do the math.

Wonder if ONR would work? (regular or WW)???

hernandez.art13
04-30-2013, 12:10 AM
Spit shine always gets the NanoSkin going haha

Evan.J
04-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Final inspection for me

jvs1991
04-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Wonder if ONR would work? (regular or WW)???

Never tried. I'm sure it would. I've also used last touch but have mixed feelings about that. Only one way to find out, try and buy them all!