PDA

View Full Version : Removing Wolgang Sealant off of plastic and rubber trim

JasonGTI
04-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Hi, I've applied the Wolfgang sealant to my car a couple of times and I love the protection and look. However, I accidentally applied some of it on my plastic and rubber trim. Now there is a white residue on the trim. I tried peanut oil but, it was only a temporary fix. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to remove it? I plan on applying the Wolfgang trim Sealant after I'm able to remove the residue. Thanks!

SirJAG
08-04-2013, 04:54 PM
i use the mr clean magic eraser...works like a charm..just soak a small piece with clay lube and your good to go my friend...

Calendyr
08-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Do you think that would work for any product that stains trims? Like New Finish ?

Boudin
08-05-2013, 12:28 AM
I use Zep citrus degreaser at full strength to clean residue off trim. I've removed year old M105/205 residue with no problems. Any automotive APC or degreaser should work, just don't get it on the paint. Saturate a microfiber with it and scrub.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

inssane
08-11-2018, 05:56 AM
I know this is an old thread [emoji16]
Any tips for getting this sealant off of textured plastic trim? I can't quite get the Degreaser in the texture.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
08-11-2018, 06:01 AM
I know this is an old thread [emoji16]
Any tips for getting this sealant off of textured plastic trim? I can't quite get the Degreaser in the texture.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TapatalkMineral oil on a cheap microfiber rag. No need for expensive removers.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

UncleDavy
08-11-2018, 06:13 AM
The magic eraser does work. Just make sure that you don't touch the paint with it. You might want to tape off the painted sections. I also use some APC sprayed on an old toothbrush.

Coleroad
08-11-2018, 08:41 AM
64684 honesty nothing cheaper easier or more efficient. No damage, just wipe with a damp cloth after. You can get ito small tight areas. No harsh chemicals to breathe in.