PDA

View Full Version : Polishing

dionnfr
04-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Mike I have watched most of your videos, but the one thing I never saw was how often do you apply more polish to your pad, is it after each section you are working or less, please elaborate. It always seems I'm using to much.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-26-2013, 09:15 AM
You will only need three to four dime sized drops placed near the edge of the pad.

dionnfr
04-26-2013, 09:17 AM
is that for the whole car, when do you add more polish?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-26-2013, 09:20 AM
This is added after each section pass. So when you see Mike move the machine left to right/up and down 4-6 times to complete his section, he will then wipe the residue from the surface.

When he moves to a new section to work on the three to four dime sized drops will be added for the new section.

Make sense?

Evan.J
04-26-2013, 09:21 AM
You will only need three to four dime sized drops placed near the edge of the pad.

And to add to what mike said, cleaning your pad on the fly is also key. Having the working surface of the pad clean and free of spent product. Doing this will make working on the paint much easier, keep down dusting and allowing the pad and product to give you the best results.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/20135-how-clean-your-foam-pad-fly.html

dionnfr
04-26-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks Guys for the quick response and the video.

Jeffkassebaum
04-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey Mike: I think I screwed up. My first detail, clayed, using Pinncle swirl remover fine, then ultra fine, seal, and waxed. I did not however did the pre-wax. I'm looking at redoing the hood but this time using a pre-wax. Recommendations on which one?
Thanks, Love your videos!