PDA

View Full Version : Anything between Megs Ultimate compound and Black light?

Palmo
04-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Doing some minor correction by hand with megs Ultimate compound then topping with black light then FK1000p to lock it in.

Any ideas or recommendations for between the Megs ultimate compound and black light? Or just go straight to it?

andy2485
04-25-2013, 08:01 PM
No., not as long as you're doing it by hand. A machine would help.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Meguiar's Ultimate Polish.

Evan.J
04-25-2013, 08:12 PM
You can do that combo with nothing in between the two. UC has enough oils in it to finish down really well and Blacklight is a great glaze to top off the paint.

Are you going to put anything over top of Blacklight?

Palmo
04-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Meguiar's Ultimate Polish.

I bought the Meguiar's paint restoration kit but it didnt have the ultimate polish so I may get some then.

You can do that combo with nothing in between the two. UC has enough oils in it to finish down really well and Blacklight is a great glaze to top off the paint.

Are you going to put anything over top of Blacklight?

I have used FK1000p before and been recommended it by friends so going to put that over the black light.

cleanmycorolla
04-25-2013, 10:04 PM
invest in a da, and save your arms from falling off

Palmo
04-26-2013, 01:25 AM
invest in a da, and save your arms from falling off

I know and probably will eventually. I have always done by hand. I find it strangely therapeutic.

On my previous car in the uk I had the paint corrected by a professional detailer then cared for the cared myself by hand.

davey g-force
04-26-2013, 01:43 AM
It depends on how your paint responds.

Check your work after the UC (preferably in the sun) and check for any marring / hazing. If you have some, or if the clarity is not as good as you would like, then got to something like Megs UP (as suggested) before the BL.

Palmo
04-26-2013, 01:51 PM
It depends on how your paint responds.

Check your work after the UC (preferably in the sun) and check for any marring / hazing. If you have some, or if the clarity is not as good as you would like, then got to something like Megs UP (as suggested) before the BL.

Thanks all, I will see how it goes.

:dblthumb2: