PDA

View Full Version : First Fender Bender Today

EZDetailing
04-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Well I got in my first fender bender today... in a Wal-Mart parking lot. I was pulling out of my spot when another car turned in and hit me. Nothing major to my van. Only damage is to the rear bumper and passenger side tail light. The felling sucks even when you're not at fault. Worst thing is the people who hit me (Around 60yrs old) tried to tell the cop that she was parked before I backed out. Luckily I had a few others in the car to back me up that she was moving too. Bad day but at least no-one was hurt and my insurance won't raise because it was on private property nor do I have to pay for the other cars damage.

Oh, and did I mention it is my parents van? It's gonna suck explaining to them tomorrow. I'll upload pics of the damage when I get home tonight.

SYMAWD
04-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Sorry to hear about it, but unfortunately it happens. I've gotten rear ended twice since I started driving, neither my fault. Basically, almost every car in my family has been rear ended except for 4 since I was born. So 2 new cars every 3 years for 18 years means about 2/3 of our cars has been rear-ended or backed into. Bad luck? Maybe, but it happens.

EZDetailing
04-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Sorry to hear about it, but unfortunately it happens. I've gotten rear ended twice since I started driving, neither my fault. Basically, almost every car in my family has been rear ended except for 4 since I was born. So 2 new cars every 3 years for 18 years means about 2/3 of our cars has been rear-ended or backed into. Bad luck? Maybe, but it happens.

Same here. This is hit #3 for this van but the first with me driving. I'm only glad this was minor and in a parking lot so insurance wasn't involved. If it was, I'd be screwed. Insurance is already bad for young drivers as it is here.

SYMAWD
04-25-2013, 05:00 PM
Same here. This is hit #3 for this van but the first with me driving. I'm only glad this was minor and in a parking lot so insurance wasn't involved. If it was, I'd be screwed. Insurance is already bad for young drivers as it is her.

Insurance was involved in mine (I'm only 18) and the rates didn't go up because the police report had me down at 0% fault.

EZDetailing
04-25-2013, 05:13 PM
Insurance was involved in mine (I'm only 18) and the rates didn't go up because the police report had me down at 0% fault.

Lucky you. I'm 17 and if I got insurance involved my rates would skyrocket. It already costs me $100/month as occasional driver on it. So I'm stuck paying around $600 out of pocket to fix it.

dorkiedoode
04-25-2013, 05:18 PM
I wish mine was a broken tail light and a little bumper damage. This just happened this pass week. I wasn't driving it thought. Was during traffic hour. My dad was in the lane minding his own business then all the sudden Boom!