PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Tire and Wheel cleaner..DISAPPOINTED

Pages : 1 [2]

mpkav
04-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Thank you gents.

OP the only spray and clean stuff that works well, that I have tried is the Megs all wheel or Eagle one....

Also nice wheels man.

Thanks Big Bull!! I love the wheels. Looking back I shod have applied a sealant before they were put on the truck!!

mpkav
04-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Being the wheels are a painted finish I would use the brush for inbetween the spokes and a micro fiber mitt on the wheel faces to mitigate scratching. I had a 2008 F150 FX2 Super Crew, the brake dust that truck generated was murder to the 20" 6 spoke GT500 style gray painted wheels I had on it. I used ph balanced cleaners (Sonax or Brown Royale) always blew them dry with a leaf blower and kept them sealed with the PB wheel sealant you mentioned you have on the way.

I'm going to do pads and rotors this summer. These pads put off brake dust like pollen!! Thanks for all the help. I will probably use the remaining Wolfgang and see if I can get better results. The directions day wet the wheel first. Could I get a better result if I didn't wet the wheel? Will the water dilute it some?

flamed03vert
04-26-2013, 06:59 AM
I have always used wheel cleaners straight up on a cold wheel. Actually its the first step before I wash the rest of the vehicle. My train of thought has always been that it would dilute the cleaner if the wheels was wet. It's not like they are water activated like Amazing Roll Off supposedly is.

PA DETAILER
04-26-2013, 09:23 AM
i went thru a bottle of their regular wheel & tire cleaner. agree. for the price of it, it was nothing special. at all.

meguiars wheel & tire cleaner
mothers wheel & tire cleaner
eagle one wheel & tire cleaner

blew wolfgang away.....

WRAPT C5Z06
04-26-2013, 10:15 AM
it cleans wheels and tires.
I think it's great that it can clean tires, too. Most wheel cleaners are only effective for wheels.

Is it pH balanced or alkaline? I'm aware some alkaline cleaners can be safe on every wheel type.

I don't have a good shaded spot to wash so I probably tend to rush!
THAT's your problem! This product will work when instructions are followed. :dblthumb2: