PDA

View Full Version : Iron x smell out of car

07rs
04-25-2013, 10:56 AM
My wife was helping me today and spilled iron x in my car. (Dont know why she had the bottle inside the car.) How do I get this nasty smell out.

SuperiorAutoLLC
04-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Ouch...

My best guess would be to soak up as much as you can with some towels then make multiple passes using a hot water extractor until all of the product is out of the carpet. It may take a while because it will foam when the hot water hits it.

509IS350
04-25-2013, 11:51 AM
Ouch. That stuff is potent. I used IronX on the inside of a 1968 Mustang because the windows had iron etched in on the windows. I taped sheets of paper to the dash, but I still had it air out. It took a couple days. That even with an apc wipe after on the windows and stripper scent everywhere lol

CEE DOG
04-25-2013, 12:45 PM
Ouch...

My best guess would be to soak up as much as you can with some towels then make multiple passes using a hot water extractor until all of the product is out of the carpet. It may take a while because it will foam when the hot water hits it.

Agreed

thebamboo23
04-25-2013, 01:04 PM
Damn.. Out of everything you could spill.

spilled on seats, carpets, dash?

07rs
04-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Damn.. Out of everything you could spill.

spilled on seats, carpets, dash?

Carpet and one little spot on seat. About 6oz total

Lim3
04-25-2013, 01:18 PM
I feel for you man. I hate the smell when using on my car out doors. I can not imagine the stuff in a confined area like that.

mwoolfso
04-25-2013, 06:44 PM
well the good thing about ironx is that the odor comes from sulfur... and sulfur alone would not last very long on a surface. I would try ozium. advance auto sells it by me. its is potent stuff. two spritzes in the air and a couple on the area where you spilled ironx ... wait 15 secs and see where you end up. ozium to me is like an airborne microfiber towel.... bad odors just attach to the ozium and it disappears. reapply every 30 mins after that. eventually the sulfur will degrade and so will the foul odor.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Avi@CarPro
04-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Try our So2pure, it might help out
its photocatalyst reaction working, react with UV and eliminate odors inside the car.