PDA

View Full Version : Using DA near plastic trim

2012GTCS
04-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey just wondering how to use the DA near plastic/window trims? When getting close to the edge I obviously get a lot of product on the plastic trim. It usually wipes OK for the time being but wondering if it'll eventually turn white which is a pain to get off. This would apply for polishes, waxes and AIO's.

I Did a truck the other day and tried the GG one step and got it on the trim quite a bit. I wiped it down right after but I have a feeling most stuff will turn white?
Or is a small 3" pad/polisher the only way to avoid this?

Thanks

akj
04-24-2013, 07:53 PM
Painters tape.. tape all areas you don't want it to get and when you are done it peels of easy.

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

SuperiorAutoLLC
04-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Spending about an hour taping off everywhere you DON'T want product is a hell of a lot easier than spending 2 hours removing product from places it shouldn't be!

Painters' tape is your friend.

crysto4
04-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Agreed that an hour spent taping is well spent time. BUT if you'r gonna buy special pads to use with a buffer why wouldn't you use the variety of tapes made for the job? The cost isn't much different and the stuff is thin, leaves a clean edge and most types come off easy. Works nice with clear bra too.

Second, I have the G.G. 3-inch air. a nice tool if you have air. I have a 3401 for the rest.

I've seen a few reviews that show the air unit to be superior to their electric model but after seeing Mikes review and demo using their 3-in. elec. I can say nothing.

All Hail Mike -