PDA

View Full Version : CG's MF towels?

Pages : [1] 2

BluHeaven
04-24-2013, 06:36 PM
I've ended up with a random assortment of MF towels form Chemical Guys somehow. I've learned from browsing that some of their towels are really good and some will mar the paint.

I wanted to make sure the ones I have are completely paint safe and won't cause marring.

I've got the fluffer towel, blue with red banding, that came in a kit with jetseal and 5050.
I've got the Monster MF, which is blue with black silk banding
I've got the Ultra Plush detailing towel... grey with black banding
The edgeless polishing towel in black
and super microfiber 'professional grade' yellow with black banding.

The professional grade I was hoping to use as my wash towels with ONR and the Gary Dean method

I have two of their waffle weaves...
Gray-Matter Silk Effect Waffles Weave drying towel (grey with silver banding)
and a super absorber WW drying towel which is light blue.

Haven't tried either yet

psynx
04-24-2013, 06:44 PM
thats a good assortment, i personally love the gold with the black banding. and also the blue with the red banding.

for a rinse less i would probably go with shaggy fur ball
or the sasquatch maximus. those are super soft and long nap i only use these for QD and rinse less/ water less

What is Microfiber? - A Guide to Choosing the Perfect Microfiber Towel - Chemical Guys Car Care - YouTube

cleanmycorolla
04-24-2013, 07:37 PM
you can't really say this towel or that towel will cause scratching, thats really on your paint. My fav towel might leave my finish mar free, while it may destroy yours. so theres no real answer, you just have to test if you're worried, try in a small area you know you can polish out lightly if it scratches the paint

i will say however, i have many cg towels, and love them. but like i said, what works for me may not for you

Soundwave
04-24-2013, 08:23 PM
All my MF's are from CG. The yellow ones with black banding are really great. I also have the Shaggy Furballs and Sasquatch's. I have nothing but love for CG's mf's.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using AG Online

BluHeaven
04-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Have you noticed any linting with the furballs and squatches?

I've got a couple of ultra plush thick towels and they all drag and lint when used with QD etc.

All my MF's are from CG. The yellow ones with black banding are really great. I also have the Shaggy Furballs and Sasquatch's. I have nothing but love for CG's mf's.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using AG Online

theblob640
04-24-2013, 08:29 PM
I currently use the 16x16 el gordo mf towels from CG, and they seem to work very well for almost anything, from wax removal to removing polishes. They even work great for interior. Best of all, the price for them is great.

Dimetera413
04-24-2013, 09:15 PM
I have 12 sasquatch towels and they are incredible. Sooo soft and no linting at all.

SYMAWD
04-24-2013, 09:24 PM
I have the yellow black banded professional ones. They're not soft at all compared to Korean made towels, so I reserve them for interior use.

Soundwave
04-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Have you noticed any linting with the furballs and squatches?

I've got a couple of ultra plush thick towels and they all drag and lint when used with QD etc.

No, I haven't really had any linting at all.

Rmd
04-25-2013, 02:04 AM
+1 on rinseless washing with Sasquatch. I use the fatty orange super dryers, fluffers and the yellow towels. Orange bangers and the neon counterparts work great for interiors, etc. Haven't been disappointed with any of their towels.

silverfox
04-25-2013, 05:08 AM
They are still my MF vendor of choice. I have some monster blues that are older than any others that I have and they still look and perform well.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
04-25-2013, 06:07 AM
Chemical Guys "workhorse" MF towels are great general use towels. However... For anything that touches paint, I use Korean made towels from another vendor. IME, there's nothing better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BluHeaven
04-25-2013, 09:28 AM
can you give me a name?

Chemical Guys "workhorse" MF towels are great general use towels. However... For anything that touches paint, I use Korean made towels from another vendor. IME, there's nothing better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

bootstrap
04-25-2013, 09:32 AM
can you give me a name?

Adams, zaino, surely ago sells some too

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

KillaCam
04-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Are all of the CG yellow towels with the black silk lining the same? Their website is so confusing. I have a ton of those and like them, but I feel like there's softer towels out there.