PDA

View Full Version : promotional and ongoing advertising costs?

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
04-24-2013, 03:08 PM
Hey guys, I am currently working on my business plan and am not really sure that I will spend a lot of money on advertising. From all the research I have done it seems many of you get additional work through referrals.

My game plan is to do family and friends initially, run an ad as a new business in the newspaper, flyers and possibly a quick radio ad.

I do work as a bartender so I am sure a large portion of my business will be generated through this avenue.

I am wondering what you have done as new promotions as a new detailing business, costs associated and what your ongoing costs are for advertising if any.

Thank you.

Pureshine
04-24-2013, 03:14 PM
Do not waste your money I have never spent a dime on advertising. The only thing I do is website,word of mouth, car shows/meets and show your work. Nothing else really works for detailing.

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
04-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Ya I was thinking the same thing I'm just not sure how that's going to fly with the bank.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-24-2013, 03:32 PM
Do not waste your money I have never spent a dime on advertising. The only thing I do is website,word of mouth, car shows/meets and show your work. Nothing else really works for detailing.

Agreed.

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
04-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Ok, I'm looking at a custom canopy from quik shade, and vehicle wrap. I think those two will be enough for visual anyways. I've reworked it into the plan. Thanks for the quick replies gentlemen.

y8s
04-25-2013, 12:35 PM
The website IS advertising. Include it in your advertising budget. Business cards are too--you'll want your customers to have those so they can pass them on (referrals). Promotional material you hand out at the car shows is advertising. I'd also consider professional photography to show your work off as a solid advertising budget item.