PDA

View Full Version : What kind of wheel is this

cctaylor88
04-24-2013, 11:18 AM
Hey guys I'm reading up on the forums and trying to figure out what type of wheel I have exactly. This Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/36137-how-properly-clean-protect-maintain-wheels-tires.html)
^ Is what I am currently reading but I can't figure out even with the help of google if my wheel is polished aluminum, clear coated paint, powder coated etc.

The wheel is the TSW Jarama Black (Gloss-black w. Mirror Lip) but everything I get to on websites simply says "alloy"

I just want to make sure I have the right type of wheel before I start buying products etc.

Johnnyboy
04-24-2013, 11:42 AM
I have Petrol Octane wheels which is TSW's "Higher" line according to them. Their wheels are Powder Coated and their "Mirror lips" are Stainless Steel. Hope this helps!

swanicyouth
04-24-2013, 11:44 AM
If you use a surfactant based wheel cleaner, like DP or Chemical Guys, its safe for all wheel surfaces.

Johnnyboy
04-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Once a amonth, I would clean them thoroughly with Sonax and coat them in Wheel Wax. In between, I would just wash them with whatever I was using at the time to wash the car and it was always suffice because of the protection offered by the Wheel Wax.