PDA

View Full Version : Question about Condensation

runrun411
04-24-2013, 10:30 AM
Have you ever noticed the moisture that forms on the car usually in the morning. Some call it morning dew, some may say it's fog in the air, some call it moisture in the air. It seems as if sometimes it forms from the opposite side of the panel and shows up on the finished side. I think the scientific term may be condensation. I noticed this morning how condensation has formed on my car and then I wondered. What impact does it have on the paint protection products we use. When we use sealants does it help with this weather condition?

Pureshine
04-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Water that collects as droplets on a cold surface when humid air is in contact with it. So its just water so it won't do anything to sealant.

RhetoricMixes
04-24-2013, 10:53 AM
It does for me. Ive even tried to test it out with only sealing half of my roof and I ended up with water spots on the half that wasn't protected. Yes they will be there and will collect bits of dust on the car in the morning but its better than no protection at all :)

Jaretr1
04-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Living in south florida where our humidity can get in the 90%, its basically just moisture in the air that is settling on a hard surface. That is not the same as condensation (from my brief trip to wikipedia). It does not have any adverse effect on protectants, in fact the protectants are there for this purpose. The moisture though does attrack dust and dirt and when it evaporates leaves this behind, which is why it is nearly impossible for a car that stays outside in South Florida to remain clean.

BuckeyeR/T
04-24-2013, 02:34 PM
Didn't the Original #21 sealant from Mequiar's have issues with immediate condensation when applied?
I can remember having issues with it.