PDA

View Full Version : Final Kit Purchase Decision, I hope?

bill5416
04-23-2013, 04:05 PM
I have been back and forth over whick Flex kit to purchase and I really believe all the information on the forums while extremely informative, continue to confuse me as well. I purchased Mike's book to attempt to gather even more information. Finally, I recently called AG and after learning about my needs was given a recommendation. Out of all the possible kits I had narrowed it down to, the recommendation was one I hadn't considered. Would really like to hear some additional views. I have four cars (daily drivers), in various condition, from brand new, to one that I'm concerned about the condition of the clear-coat. I'm certain I want a DA, and from all my research, the Flex 3401. Now to confuse the situation even more, I have a boat as well. And from all the research I've done, the consensus is that a rotary is the tool of choice for that. I'm only going to spring for one at the moment, and being somewhat new to detailing, I'm just not going through a learning curve with a rotary on my cars just yet. I was almost convinced that the Hydro Tech kit was the best option because the inclusion of the smaller backing plate. I was then going to purchase additional pads, including the PFW pads to use on the boat as I've read they are the most aggressive pad for the Flex. More than likely will use an All-in-One product on the vehicles until I get a little more confortable with the three step process. I know I'm rambling here, but can anyone chime in and at east point me in the right direction.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-23-2013, 04:13 PM
The Flex is indeed the right move to maintain all vehicles as well as the boat.

As for pads, the 5 inch Hybrid pads are the hands down winner for this machine for polishing paint. You must also use the LC interchangeable bp system with these pads.

As for pads for the boat I dont have any experiance.

sproketser
04-28-2013, 04:30 PM
Thanx smack , you might have decided me on the Flex , ( I was looking at the Rupes also ) too many choices !

bill5416
04-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Smack, I appreciate the response as well as advice. Why won't the 5 inch Hybrid Pads work with the Flex 4 3/8 backing plate?