View Full Version : One way to clean the carpets I guess

Pages : [1] 2

AeroCleanse
04-23-2013, 01:54 PM
Not sure if this guy is crazy or smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=wWJLQz-ZOL8&NR=1

ObsessiveAutoDetail
04-23-2013, 02:38 PM
If I went through all the trouble of removing the entire carpet... I'd just go ahead and replace it.

tapp1
04-23-2013, 02:43 PM
If I went through all the trouble of removing the entire carpet... I'd just go ahead and replace it.

AGREED! :iagree:

Johnnyboy
04-23-2013, 02:46 PM
I've gone through this type of cleaning. It's not always worth the money for the replacement especially if it can get cleaned out almost entirely by doing this.....for some cars, you can't even find the carpet anymore either.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
04-23-2013, 02:56 PM
I've gone through this type of cleaning. It's not always worth the money for the replacement especially if it can get cleaned out almost entirely by doing this.....for some cars, you can't even find the carpet anymore either.

If I can find a carpet set for a '63 :MGB... I'm relatively sure I can find a set for a Grand Prix. I guess if you're doing it just to do it... More power to you. For what I charge an hour... It'd be less expensive for new carpet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Pureshine
04-23-2013, 05:41 PM
Wow! what a waste of time really if its that bad just replace it.

Chris@AutoCleanse
04-23-2013, 06:14 PM
I like how he is barefoot stepping in that nasty s@&t water. More power to him, keep on cleaning.

zmanjohn
04-23-2013, 07:52 PM
Not sure if this guy is crazy or smart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=wWJLQz-ZOL8&NR=1

:iagree:What a waste of time, again if that bad why not just replace it. Not to mention, goes through all that work then seals the drain plugs with silicone, whole interior will smell like silicone for weeks.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
04-23-2013, 07:55 PM
:iagree:What a waste of time, again if that bad why not just replace it. Not to mention, goes through all that work then seals the drain plugs with silicone, whole interior will smell like silicone for weeks.

Oh yeah... the lovely acetic acid smell that will permeate the freshly power washed carpeting. Body seam sealer buddy... Body seam sealer - not silicone.

Shane731
04-23-2013, 08:23 PM
WTH? He didn't even vacuum the carpet first. What a hack. :doh:

zmanjohn
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Oh yeah... the lovely acetic acid smell that will permeate the freshly power washed carpeting. Body seam sealer buddy... Body seam sealer - not silicone.

:iagree:Probably putting a For Sale Sign in the window next mornign any way.

Would be really funny, if he did not dry acrpet all the way. Park it out in sun and totally fog up interior... :awman::cry:

A-train
04-23-2013, 08:42 PM
How is his problem with extractors that they leave the carpet too wet?....he just drenches them??

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

neat e34
04-24-2013, 04:25 AM
I like the idea :o
Was going to do it when cleaning my carpets recently but found out that my foam sound deadener is bonded to the carpet which put me off.
I have done it with floor mats & I'm sure I'm not the only one?
Hell I even saw someone once (on here I think) pressure-washing seats!

Would be interesting for someone with the time, tools & curiosity to clean their carpets as good as possible with an extractor then pressure wash to see if anything (dirt, soap residue, etc) is left behind...

I have a 94' BMW E34 & recently priced up replacement carpet.
Rear section is $650, front section is no longer available & after hours of searching it would seem NOONE makes an aftermarket carpet for this car.
Spoke to a retrimmer who quoted around $1000AUD to custom make me a carpet.
So replacement is not always viable :nomore:

Also, when cleaning my carpet (& getting really fussy) I always feel like I am leaving SOME residual cleaner behind, no matter how much I rinse & vac (using a pump-up pressure sprayer & wet/dry vac)
Off-topic but maybe you guys have a solution for that?

swanicyouth
04-24-2013, 04:54 AM
This is funny. I think I saw this guy! Or someone just like him. Last week I was at the pay-n-spray and someone had a whole cars beige carpet (exactly like the one in the video) and they were trying to rig it to "hang" on the wall of the pay-n-spray so they could pressure wash it and have all the liquid run off.

Removing a carpet is a lot of work, and under the seats should be pretty clean.

swanicyouth
04-24-2013, 04:58 AM
Also, when cleaning my carpet (& getting really fussy) I always feel like I am leaving SOME residual cleaner behind, no matter how much I rinse & vac (using a pump-up pressure sprayer & wet/dry vac)
Off-topic but maybe you guys have a solution for that?

Use Folex. You don't have to remove all of it. It won't leave the carpet stiff if some is left.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/24/ge6yre2u.jpg