PDA

View Full Version : Advice from CG blacklight users?

Pages : [1] 2

kjk66ss
04-22-2013, 11:30 PM
Hey everyone, getting ready to detail my truck.

Wash

Dry

Clay

Polish

Now I have the black light and V7 kit.

I will be using WGDGPS 3.0 as my sealant and will too it with some dodo juice light.

Question is where can I fit in the blacklight and V7 on this detail?

dooyaunastan
04-22-2013, 11:34 PM
WGDGPS would work best applied to the bare paint, so would Blacklight. However, I'd rather the WGDGPS prolong over the Blacklight so I would do:

WGDGPS
Blacklight
Dodo
V7

kjk66ss
04-22-2013, 11:43 PM
I think I might just save the v7 as a QD for just routine washes. It makes more sense to apply the WGDGPS to the bare paint. I haven't really figured out when I a good time to use the black light would be.

quiksilver_ben3
04-22-2013, 11:50 PM
Blacklight contains mild abrasives...

dooyaunastan
04-22-2013, 11:51 PM
I keep forgetting that, scratch what I said.

wukin
04-22-2013, 11:57 PM
If you're topping BL over WGDGPS, make sure hand application only.

psynx
04-23-2013, 12:18 AM

+1
Bl is a glaze I would use this before wgdgps and then use dodo light after the sealant cured. V7 to enhance gloss and add additional sealant

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

RandyD
04-23-2013, 08:44 AM
+1
Bl is a glaze I would use this before wgdgps and then use dodo light after the sealant cured. V7 to enhance gloss and add additional sealant

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

+1

ObsessiveAutoDetail
04-23-2013, 08:51 AM

Acording to multiple sources at Chemical Guys themselves... Black Light has ZERO abrasives. In one of the replies I received it was described as EZ Creme Glazed combined with JetSeal 109.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Kitoy22
04-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Black light is like a sealant glaze, you can try topping BL with dodo juice and maintain this with V7. Try letting BL cure more than its recommended curing time before topping it. Or forget about BL, just use wgdgps instead then top this with dodo juice, maintain with V7.

quiksilver_ben3
04-23-2013, 01:43 PM
Acording to multiple sources at Chemical Guys themselves... Black Light has ZERO abrasives. In one of the replies I received it was described as EZ Creme Glazed combined with JetSeal 109.

That's cool. Never talked to the guys at Chemical guys about Blacklight. The general forum consensus being it contains abrasives. :props:

Also, just rewatched one of their videos on blacklight. They stated you can use it on top of a sealant.

For me, I'll still continue to apply before sealant.

Ecrissman
04-26-2013, 06:07 AM
I use black light after any correction on clean paint. I can't honestly say it does anything for the look of the car (in my oppinon) but I use it more so because its a sealant. After that I top with a nuba for none DD vehicles.

BobbyG
04-26-2013, 06:21 AM
Directly from the Chemical Guys website (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_GAP_619_16_Black_Light_p/gap_619_16.htm):

"Black Light contains very fine abrasives in the formula to help clean and lightly polish the surface while it’s adding gloss and protection."

ObsessiveAutoDetail
04-26-2013, 06:32 AM
Directly from the Chemical Guys website (http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_GAP_619_16_Black_Light_p/gap_619_16.htm):

"Black Light contains very fine abrasives in the formula to help clean and lightly polish the surface while it’s adding gloss and protection."

Yeah... I know... That's Cooperider's review or endorsement or whatever it is.. I just know after two contacts with CG themselves they claim no abrasives. Why would they publish a review stating it does if it in fact does not...? Who knows. Do I know for sure... Nope. I do like the stuff though.

BobbyG
04-26-2013, 06:36 AM
Yeah... I know... That's Cooperider's review or endorsement or whatever it is.. I just know after two contacts with CG themselves they claim no abrasives. Why would they publish a review stating it does if it in fact does not...? Who knows. Do I know for sure... Nope. I do like the stuff though.

Great point Josh!

Maybe those guys need to re-read their writeup and vote on it! :laughing:

I like BlackLight a lot. It's so easy to use and gives outstanding results.....:props: