PDA

View Full Version : It's like christmas in April.

Dave'sDetails
04-22-2013, 08:47 PM
So I received some new products this week. I ordered the Gilmour Foamaster, CG Maxi-Suds II, and the Grit Gaurd. And my fiancee ordered the rest for my early father's day present. I can't wait to finally try it all out. I know the Gilmour doesn't foam like a PW foam lance, but I like it for it's ability to transport easily as I do not have a dedicated spot I wash my car. It is done in 1 of 4 different spots on any given day. I think I will be doing a write-up on the Deep Crystal Polish and Black Wax. I would like to see what kind of results you can get with these 2 readily available products. If you have used these products please let me know what your experiences are with them. Thanks for taking time out of your day to look.

Bill1234
04-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Gold class is a great wash, can be picked up otc. I heard good things about the meguiars towel and black wax looks promising but is very limited obviously

ixnod
04-22-2013, 08:53 PM
well I can tell you that the gold class is excellent for re-hydrating the paint, suds galore very good choice the deep crystal polish is ok IMHO the black wax will also replenish a lot of the paint's oils and kinda revitalize the look of the paint. so far as longevity I can not account for. the other stuff I dunno but great choice in getting a grit guard I need a few of those.

Dave'sDetails
04-22-2013, 08:56 PM
I have been using the gold class and the water magnet for a while now. I know it's not a guzzler drying towel or a DI waffle weave. But for the money I have no complaints. And I also have a ton of Menzerna/Blackfire/and Pinnacle products. I just wanted to try things that are available in a hurry this time. Say if you run out of something in the middle of a detail. Seeing what OTC products can be grabbed to still carry out the detail without waiting for days.

Dave'sDetails
04-22-2013, 09:01 PM
The grit guard will help with convenience also. I have been rinsing the mitt in a rinse bucket after every panel, also rinsing with free flowing water after taken out of the rinse bucket after EVERY panel.