PDA

View Full Version : Ever have the paint change before your eyes?

Grimm
05-21-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm hoping to tackle the polishing of my red convertible that I've had for four years now. It looks good, but in the right light or the halogens you can definitely see a lot of fine swirls. Well this weekend I took some time to do a test section to see how aggressive I need to go. After a couple different steps, I was surprised to find out that my red actually has a very fine hint of metallic flake! Apparently the swirls must have been bad enough to somehow hide it. I really don't care either way, but it was surprising to do a wipe down and see some faint sparklies. :p

scottgt
05-21-2007, 11:58 AM
thats awesome :)

Nica
05-21-2007, 12:16 PM
I've had tha happen to me, actually the big Dodge truck I did did this same thing. It's a wicked feeling to see te paint just flash like that, you know what that means when you make the paint do that? Well I think it's that the paint is flawless, no wirls, no holagrams nothing but pure, perfect paint. I was blown away by these results.

Thanks for sharing Grimm, looking forward to the pictures bro.

Lone_Star
05-21-2007, 12:18 PM
sweet find!!!!!

supercharged
05-21-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm hoping to tackle the polishing of my red convertible that I've had for four years now. It looks good, but in the right light or the halogens you can definitely see a lot of fine swirls. Well this weekend I took some time to do a test section to see how aggressive I need to go. After a couple different steps, I was surprised to find out that my red actually has a very fine hint of metallic flake! Apparently the swirls must have been bad enough to somehow hide it. I really don't care either way, but it was surprising to do a wipe down and see some faint sparklies. :p

I know that pink (oxidized red) will change back to red once properly polished

Grimm
05-21-2007, 12:22 PM
Well I don't know if it will come out perfect. It depends on if I have the time and patience. :o I did a test section using Optimum Hyper Compound (old formula) on a yellow LC pad twice and there are still some light scratches, but only visible under the halogens. The swirls are mostly gone though. I may just take a day off soon and see if I can knock it out.