PDA

View Full Version : Testing Rupes Bigfoot LHR 21ES With M205

Pages : [1] 2 3

ihaveacamaro
04-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Hey guys, I've been meaning to make this video for a little while but got a little motivation today ;). It's showing how effective the Rupes is at using non Rupes polishes such as M205.

Video in link: Testing Rupes Bigfoot LHR 21ES With M205 Non Rupes Polish - YouTube (http://youtu.be/eMxUpRyGWj0)

I explain my thoughts on the Rupes polishes in the end of the video, but the major point to take away from that is to try it yourself and come to your own conclusions :)

Anyways, hope you enjoy some pretty incredible correction (IMO) considering it came from the Rupes Yellow Pad and M205 :)

P.S. The buffing is sped up 4x so don't think I go crazy with the buffer lol!

ihaveacamaro
04-22-2013, 01:17 PM
P.P.S. Please view in HD and Full Screen to see the defects better :)

DRT BRD
04-22-2013, 01:20 PM
Nice! sounds like your g/f is about on par with everyone elses S/O haha.

runrun411
04-22-2013, 01:26 PM
Is the difference between the Rupes and the Flex significant. I think I want a Rupes but 1 it cost so much, 2 then you have to buy all the pads and 3 it's hard to justify the cost being that I'm only a hobbyist. I know the Rupes has such a bigger throw compared to the flex but would you put down the Flex for the Rupes.

As for your girlfriend, if she wants you to spend more time with her, have her on the driveway with you shooting the video or teach her how to use the PC. LOL. Good luck with that one.

BTW: great video as always informative.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Nice video, Roshan!

Is the difference between the Rupes and the Flex significant. I think I want a Rupes but 1 it cost so much, 2 then you have to buy all the pads and 3 it's hard to justify the cost being that I'm only a hobbyist. I know the Rupes has such a bigger throw compared to the flex but would you put down the Flex for the Rupes.

As for your girlfriend, if she wants you to spend more time with her, have her on the driveway with you shooting the video or teach her how to use the PC. LOL. Good luck with that one.

I've EXHAUSTED trying every pad and product combination to try to get the Flex 3401 to operate even somewhat smoothly. Never happened. I've officially put it to rest. Plus, MF pads do not work well with the 3401, and they are what I use for heavy correction. This is my opinion, your miles may vary.

psnt1ol
04-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Roshan,

Nice Job as always!!!! I am a fan of Meg's products as well as Menzerna and BlackFire. I know JSmooth use BlackFire SRC and he had successes with them. How would you rate Rupes polishes vs Menzerna (PG400, SIP, SF4000)? Are they on par when using the Rupes???

BTW.... My wife is the same way. Can't tell the difference between a squirrel and a swirl. She refers to what I do as "Mopping the car". She grew up in Beijing and I guessed that what they do over there - Mop their cars....

JSou
04-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Good stuff.

ihaveacamaro
04-22-2013, 04:33 PM

Honestly I feel as if you have the Flex than you might as well stick with that rather than sink a lot of money into the Rupes. If you're happy with the flex, then I don't think it makes sense, considering that detailing is not your job :props:

DRT BRD
04-22-2013, 04:45 PM
Dont think I caught it but what speeds etc were you using?

wukin
04-22-2013, 05:20 PM

I use Flex more often than rupes. Its just my style. I won't say one is better than the other. Both polishers have their own intention. I never done comparison in time trial or finishing quality. But what we should concern is technique instead of specific polisher or polish.

hernandez.art13
04-22-2013, 05:36 PM
I use Flex more often than rupes. Its just my style. I won't say one is better than the other. Both polishers have their own intention. I never done comparison in time trial or finishing quality. But what we should concern is technique instead of specific polisher or polish.

I'll get the job done on a Dewalt or Makita...

john b
04-22-2013, 05:40 PM
nice job roshan,have you tried 205 with megs polishin mf yet?seems like a good combo also.

ihaveacamaro
04-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Dont think I caught it but what speeds etc were you using?

I didn't say it, but it was 4 :)

nice job roshan,have you tried 205 with megs polishin mf yet?seems like a good combo also.

Everyone keeps telling me about this combo so seems I have to give it a try!

ForceofWill
04-22-2013, 07:19 PM
Nice vid. I love my Rupes 21 as well. It's crazy the results you can get from M205 with a light cut pad.

Dimetera413
04-22-2013, 07:43 PM
Here are the buffers I have and just a small thought about each one:

1. Meguiars G110v2 - Loud, underpowered, and quite a few vibrations. Demoted to only being used with a DA brush attachment.

2. GG6 ver. 3 - Quieter, powerful, and comfortable. Love this machine. Corrects quite quickly also.

3. Rupes 21 - Quiet with hardly any vibrations. Great machine if you use the right technique(little to no pressure) and products. Corrects very quickly using the right technique. I did notice that vibrations change depending on what pad you're using. With the Rupes pads, hardly any. With Lake Country flat pads, good but it does have more vibration.

4. Makita 9227c - Good buffer but heavy and can get uncomfortable after continuous usage. A good all around buffer though.

5. Bosch lightweight rotary - A basic knock off of the Flex 3403. Same size, almost the same weight but lacks power and can actually bog down quite a big with not much pressure. Well build machine though.

6. Flex 3401 - This buffer is my go to DA/Forced rotational. It corrects super fast and is comfortable. I took the handle off and it was easier to control. Not super loud but not quiet either. Built like a tank. I use the smaller backing plate in able to use my 5.5" pads and it kicks butt. Compared to the Rupes I feel like it corrects faster even using great technique. Not that you don't need to use a good system with the 3401 but you can concentrate more on your goal instead of making sure your doing everything just perfect with the Rupes.

Flex PE14-2 rotary - The best rotary buffer in the world in my opinion. So comfortable and sooooo smooth. This is my go to machine above all listed here.