PDA

View Full Version : New member interior/exterior product list validation

gazingabove
04-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Hello all I am new to the forums and have gathered quite a bit of information from the posts. I have put together a interior/exterior list of products based on reviews and results I've seen achieved here. Should I invest in something like a orbital polisher? Does this look like a pretty sound list? Any recommendations are gladly accepted.

SONAX Wheel Cleaner Full Effect 16.9 oz.

Detailer's Engine Degreaser

Detailer’s Trim Detailer

Autogeek Quart Foamaster Foam

303 Speed Detailer

SONAX Tire Gloss Gel

Medium Black Nitrile Gloves, Pack of 20

Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator Microfiber Detergent Concentrate

1-Pad Cyan Foam Heavy Polishing Pads, 3 Pack

Meguiar’s D111 Shampoo Plus, 1 Gallon

Menzerna Power Finish & Super Finish Bundle

Dodo Juice Purple Haze Soft Wax 30 ml.

mavin
04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Based on what I have read, you need more/greater variety of pads. Right now you have 3 of the cyan cut pads, no polish or finish. Unless you got a 3 pack of 1-each, in which case you should double that to have 2-each at least.

Did you get a 5-inch backing plate?

gazingabove
04-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Can you reccomend any of the other pads by brand? In regards to the backing plate I actually haven't. There are quite a few options it seems with the orbitals buffers and polishers. Any recommendations on those? A fellow Michigander!

mavin
04-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Nice!

I'm probably not qualified to give advice, but just placed a big order after doing a lot of reading. I have not used any of the items yet.

I got the harbor freight dual action polisher, was only $45 after coupon, there is a thread on it over in the polisher section.

I ordered the rest of my stuff from autogeek. I over-ordered honestly just to not have to deal with the hassle of starting the project, realizing I wanted more items, and waiting a week to get them.

Backing plate:

Meguiars Mirror Glaze W67DA G110 DA Polisher 5 inch Backing Plate (http://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-w67da-5-inch-backing-plate.html)

Pads:

Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Beveled Edge Pads 6 Pack, foam pad kit, build a kit, buffing pads, curved edge pads (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-beveled-pad-kit.html)

Got 2 orange, 2 white, 1 black and 1 blue

Extra Pads: Since I didnt want to keep re-ordering, I also got some of the lake hydros to try out. For a higher cut pad, it seemed like people like the Cyan over the flat yellow.

Lake Country Hydro-Tech 5 1/2 x 7/8 Inch Foam Pads 3 Pack - Your Choice! (http://www.autogeek.net/hydrotech-low-profile-3pack.html)

I think I got 2 cyan and 2 tangerine, 1 crimson?

I got a bunch of other products, compound, polish, wheel cleaner, metal polish, etc.

gazingabove
04-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Excellent looks like it should be a pretty solid stack. I actually don't have a problem with Harbor tools. I've shopped at the store in Ypsilanti (gross) they seem to hold up for weekend projects. Thanks for all your input I too am going to put a large order as well you seen the 20% discount code I'm assuming?

mavin
04-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Hah, yep I got it at the Ypsi store, not a great part of town. It was $10 to add another 2 years to the 90 day warranty, so I took a shot for $55. Got a free tarp too, love their freebie coupons. :P

For autogeek, I used the recent 15% off + free shipping sale over the weekend.

gazingabove
04-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Can anyone else provide insight?