PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss Aquawax streaking

david11g35
04-21-2013, 10:10 PM
So today I used aquawax for the first time. I sprayed the aquawax on the hood while it was still wet used large microfiber drying towel. It was streaking a lot. I did not like the streaking.

Did the rest of the car with CG V7
What is the correct way to use aquawax?
Any tips?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

dad07
04-21-2013, 10:21 PM
I usually dry about 90% before I break out AW, I have had some streaking if the panels are too wet...but nothing that another spuirt with AW would not remove.

the best way I've found to use AW is spray it on your mf and spread then use another mf to buff off for a great looking shine.

your panel does not have to be dry 100% but if its right after a flooding rinse it can streak(and IMHO all spray waxes will do this in this circumstance)

AW is a great spray wax and smells very nice.

psynx
04-22-2013, 01:06 AM
I usually dry about 90% before I break out AW, I have had some streaking if the panels are too wet...but nothing that another spuirt with AW would not remove.

the best way I've found to use AW is spray it on your mf and spread then use another mf to buff off for a great looking shine.

your panel does not have to be dry 100% but if its right after a flooding rinse it can streak(and IMHO all spray waxes will do this in this circumstance)

AW is a great spray wax and smells very nice.

+1 I don't have a streaking problem but I agree with the scent and probably the best drying aid on the market

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AG Online

Shortspark
04-22-2013, 06:14 AM
I have always used AquaWax when my car is totally dry and it works great as a spray and buff "topper". I can't imagine why anyone would want to spray it (or any other spray wax/sealant product for that matter) while the car is wet, except maybe to save a step. If it streaks the car is too wet and you have to go over it again anyway so you are not saving a step at all.

Since AW is a wowo product it only takes a few minutes to do the whole car after drying, using it as a "topper". I use it after almost every wash and it boosts shine - which is all I want it to do. Use it as a drying aide? Well, even though the manufacture says it works that way that is why I have a bunch of guzzler towels. Those towels, along with a leaf blower, are the only drying aids I use.

silverfox
04-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Its been my experience, especially when trying a new product, to use too much. Streaking usually happens either because too much product is applied, OR applying in cold temperatures, OR something on the paint is reacting with the product.

WRXINXS
04-22-2013, 09:04 AM
I have only used it dry and it never streaks on me. I love the stuff (And the scent!).

PA DETAILER
04-22-2013, 09:19 AM
cant ever recall AW streaking on me. could have been the temp or too much product?

prima hydro has not streaked on me yet either.

Dogfather
04-22-2013, 09:37 AM
I've only used it wet w/o any problems so far. Just one quick sweeping spritz per (rinseless washed) panel. Not a lot of product, not a lot of water.

Ohio Detailing
04-22-2013, 10:00 AM
So today I used aquawax for the first time. I sprayed the aquawax on the hood while it was still wet used large microfiber drying towel. It was streaking a lot. I did not like the streaking.

Did the rest of the car with CG V7
What is the correct way to use aquawax?
Any tips?

Are you sure it was the AW streaking, and not the Chemical Guy's V7? The V7 is among my Top-3 most disappointing products of... all... time (whereas Aqua Wax is one of my favorites)!

95oRANGEcRUSH
04-22-2013, 10:04 AM
I always use AW after my car has been 100% dried and no streaks here.

david11g35
04-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Thanks guys. I think the issue was with the car being too wet. Will dry the car completely next time them try aquawax

david11g35
04-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Are you sure it was the AW streaking, and not the Chemical Guy's V7? The V7 is among my Top-3 most disappointing products of... all... time (whereas Aqua Wax is one of my favorites)!

It was not the v7. I switched to v7 once I applied aquawax on the hood and it. streaked. Personally I like v7 very easy to use

Ohio Detailing
04-23-2013, 03:53 PM
It was not the v7. I switched to v7 once I applied aquawax on the hood and it. streaked. Personally I like v7 very easy to use

I use it on wheels (V7), but have never had much luck with it elsewhere.

Anyway, I wouldn't dry your car if you're going to use AquaWax, that's where the magic happens! :)

kimtyson
04-24-2013, 10:50 PM
I dry my car about 90% then spray AW on my MF. Wipe on and then barely buff with another MF. I love it. No water spots after washing. Just a nice glow and shine.

david11g35
04-25-2013, 12:11 AM
I dry my car about 90% then spray AW on my MF. Wipe on and then barely buff with another MF. I love it. No water spots after washing. Just a nice glow and shine.

Thanks for the tip