PDA

View Full Version : Question from a customer

mfrickman
04-21-2013, 09:23 PM
I have a customer that had their child draw on a tinted window with some sort of wax candy and he has tried everything he can think of to get it off but to no avail. I am detailing his truck next week and am trying to go the extra mile and have some way to fix it, not only to educate myself but to try to seem knowledgeable :o I was thinking about using a razor but the fact that the window is tinted is kind of keeping me from doing that.

What would you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance!

rmagnus
04-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Maybe you should call a window tint place and ask if it can be done?

AeroCleanse
04-21-2013, 10:05 PM
Depends if is factory tint or aftermarket tint. If it's factory then a razor should be fine.

mwoolfso
04-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Off the top of my head I would try a clean pencil eraser, using very light strokes at first. If that gives you no joy then off the top of my head I would try Dawn Ultra straight, applied with your fingers. If that doesn't work then a sponge, really hot water along Dawn Ultra added.

mfrickman
04-21-2013, 10:14 PM
It's not factory and he is under the impression that he will need to replace the tint but I told him I'd look at it when I had his truck.

ExoticAutoDetai
04-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Factory windows basically the glass comes smoked out no tint paper is used. If is actual tint paper then try mixing baby soap with water and try to clean it up with that as much as you can it doesn't harm the tint at all in fact is used to apply the tint which I do. Also try using a steamer to see if it works getting cleaned up. If the paper is ruined then it would be obvious to get it re done most tint shops offer lifetime warranty if the tint fails so I doubt this would be cover under the warranty.

Velocitybts
04-21-2013, 10:20 PM
See if a mobile tint guy can strip the old off and then put new on, while you have the car. If you arrange it, that will impress your customer, while saving him time. First though, ask the tint guy what he suggests.