PDA

View Full Version : lake country pads ?

Pages : [1] 2

Trevor02TA
04-21-2013, 06:05 PM
I'm looking at getting the 6 pack of 5.5" flat pads. Which ones are most people using? As for removing light to moderate swirls, would you go with an orange or white?

I was thinking of 2-orange, 2-white, 1-black and 1-blue.

I have a recently painted black collector car that has some very light swirls and a few halograms in certain lighting. The other car is a darker pearl red that was painted a few years back. There are also very few swirls in the paint. Neither have seen rain or outdoor elements.

Looking for info on pads and which products you guys reccomend.

ForceofWill
04-21-2013, 06:10 PM
I just used M205 on the white CCS pads and didn't spend much time at all on the car. Had very minor swirling and it took it all out.

http://i.imgur.com/gPqCs8U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/bZqhgGE.jpg

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-21-2013, 06:23 PM
I really like the hydrotech pads as they are closed cell allowing the polish to stay on top of the pad rather than being saturated through the pad.

If you are looking for polishes and compounds to go with them, the Wolfgang Duo or Blackfire Duo is a great place to start.

mpkav
04-21-2013, 06:38 PM
I just ordered 2 of those 6 packs. I got 3 orange, 2 blue, and 1 white in each. I'm removing swirls also and wanted more of the orange light cutting pads to switch out during the process. I will use all 6 for the Wolfgang swirl remover, the blue for the finessing polish, and white for paint sealant.

Trevor02TA
04-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Thanks guys. I'm afraid that the orange would be too aggressive. I just don't have enough experience to know which pads to try.
I was also leaning towards the M205.
The whole menzerna line-up sounds good, but too confusing. How do you choose which products without buying one of each? I was thinking of using SI 1500 and SF 4500. Don't want to waste money on products that won't work.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-21-2013, 07:16 PM
The Menzerna line up is fantastic.

Start off with SI1500 and SF4000

wukin
04-21-2013, 07:28 PM
For light to moderate swirl I would recommend sonax perfect finish with white or tangerine pad. Really great result in one step.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Menzerna PF2500 on an LC white or orange pad.

Newdetailer1
04-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys. I'm afraid that the orange would be too aggressive. I just don't have enough experience to know which pads to try.
I was also leaning towards the M205.
The whole menzerna line-up sounds good, but too confusing. How do you choose which products without buying one of each? I was thinking of using SI 1500 and SF 4500. Don't want to waste money on products that won't work.

Don't fear the orange pad. LC pads are all I use and I can tell you the orange will cut nice without removing too much and polish down real nice. Now the bigger question would be what machine are you using? I use most of what menzerna makes. The best one stop shop for light to moderate imperfections would be the PF 2500. This almost fixes everything I run into that’s not too bad. Just keep in mind that this isn’t an AIO so you will have to follow up with a wax or a LSP of your choice. Megs twins are nice (105,205), but I tend to go megs 105 followed up with menz SF 4000

maximus20895
04-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Speaking of LC pads, do any of you use the yellow pad? Usually what I see here is if someone uses a compound they either go for the orange or maybe even the MF pads. Rarely do I see any write-ups that use the yellow pad.

mavin
04-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Seems like people prefer the Cyan over the Yellow. No personal experience though.

Newdetailer1
04-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Speaking of LC pads, do any of you use the yellow pad? Usually what I see here is if someone uses a compound they either go for the orange or maybe even the MF pads. Rarely do I see any write-ups that use the yellow pad.

I've used the yellow with some SIP and PF before. It kicks up the power of each without going to the compound level.

VP Mark
04-21-2013, 09:09 PM
I use a yellow pad when I am working on softer paints. Seems to cause a little less marring on some paints. Yellow pads have limited use but orange and MF pads seem the way to go for most one steps

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Dimetera413
04-21-2013, 09:10 PM
I like the yellow pad. I just used a white pad and D300 on a G37x and a white pad with Menzerna SI2000 on another part of it and both were good. I really like FG400 on a pink pad or orange pad though, too.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-21-2013, 09:58 PM
I use a yellow pad when I am working on softer paints. Seems to cause a little less marring on some paints. Yellow pads have limited use but orange and MF pads seem the way to go for most one steps

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online
Whoa!!! Seriously?? The yellow pad has good cut but it notorious for finishing with a lot of marring!!