PDA

View Full Version : Driver floorboard wet after rain

ziggo99
04-21-2013, 02:35 PM
So the past two times we've gotten a heavy rain, my driver floorboard will be wet. It's not just damp, but it's also not standing with what. If I push with my fingers I can get it to come up. I noticed it first by the door, but it's also wet by the gas pedal. It wasn't wet up by the firewall though. And the plastic by the emergency brake had drops of water on it the next day I got in it. I thought the water on the plastic was from when I got in it, but apparently not. And during the hotter day after a night rain, there will be condensation on the inside of the windshield down by the little nub on the dash.

If anyone remembers my posts a couple years back, I had a limb fall on my car which required a new roof and back glass, and the whole experience was awful They tried to use the factory windshield and seal, but they ran into a problem with that you can't reuse the old seal, so a new windshield and seal was installed, and it looks wonky. All the door seals have clear coat on them, etc etc.

Anyone have any ideas where this water could be coming from? If it is the windshield, I plan on calling the dealer/body shop that did the work and seeing who put the windshield in and if there is any sort of warranty on that.

TH3M B0N3Z
04-21-2013, 02:43 PM
So the past two times we've gotten a heavy rain, my driver floorboard will be wet. It's not just damp, but it's also not standing with what. If I push with my fingers I can get it to come up. I noticed it first by the door, but it's also wet by the gas pedal. It wasn't wet up by the firewall though. And the plastic by the emergency brake had drops of water on it the next day I got in it. I thought the water on the plastic was from when I got in it, but apparently not. And during the hotter day after a night rain, there will be condensation on the inside of the windshield down by the little nub on the dash.

If anyone remembers my posts a couple years back, I had a limb fall on my car which required a new roof and back glass, and the whole experience was awful They tried to use the factory windshield and seal, but they ran into a problem with that you can't reuse the old seal, so a new windshield and seal was installed, and it looks wonky. All the door seals have clear coat on them, etc etc.

Anyone have any ideas where this water could be coming from? If it is the windshield, I plan on calling the dealer/body shop that did the work and seeing who put the windshield in and if there is any sort of warranty on that.

Sounds like you've got a decent problem that requires some decent b!tching. When my last car was involved in an accident, the Ferman Collision shop did a hack job on my car. They've left about $3,000 in damage alone in the rear end because it was all concealed by the body panels and rear bumper. This first caused my back window to leak into the spare wheel area and that filled up with nasty water. Then when I finally got the other work done, Ferman had taken out my back window, but never properly cleaned the area and primed it, so it started rusting like crazy. In short, my car was not only messed up from the accident, but was further messed up by the body shop because they half-assed it, plain and simple.

Your situation sounds way worse and could potentially be causing even more damage that you can't see. Get with your insurance company first, let them know what's going on, and see about either going somewhere else or to the original shop and have them fix it. If this is your only car, have them pay for a rental car, too. I did the same thing when my last car needed 3 weeks to be fixed. I wasn't about to pay a $300+ rental car bill because of someone's lack of proper workmanship. Get it handled and quickly.

Finemess
04-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Sounds like its time to get the hose out and a friend to do some looking with a flashlight. GL, you may have a hard time finding it.

ziggo99
04-22-2013, 06:10 PM
The body shop that did the work said there was no warranty on ANY of the work they did or on the windshield. And it wasn't the AAA approved shop, as that one was over an hour and a state way (needless to say, I no longer have AAA insurance).

I took it to the body shop that repainted the awful blend the first shop did, and they're guessing it's perhaps the drainage ports around the sunroof being clogged or not installed correctly, which could also be why there is an awful rattle/clunking when I drive over rough roads, but they won't know until I bring it in in three weeks as they're swamped and I'm needing the car for school.