PDA

View Full Version : Question on WGDGPS 3.0

tedhw
04-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Hi everyone!
I am new to AG and would like your opinion.

I am interested to try Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint sealant 3.0

Here is my full detailing regime on my dark vehicle:
1. Bilberry wheel cleaner
2. Megs NXT 2.0 wash / Autoglym shampoo
3. Bilt-Hamber regular clay
4. Megs UC applied with DA speed 5
5. Autoglym SRP applied with DA speed 3
6. Megs Ultimate Paste Wax
7. Collinite #845 as wheel sealant
8. Autoglym Glass Polish
9. Megs Perfect Clarity glass cleaner
10. Megs UP for exterior trims
11. Megs HD 1:4 for interiors
12. Megs HD 1:1 for tires

For weekly maintenance I also use either:
1. Megs UQD
2. Megs D156 Synthetic x-press spray wax after washing

I have been quite happy with the result, however will Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 as LSP really make noticeable difference compared to UPW on properly prepped surface, i.e. can you really see the difference which one is which?

Thanks!

mpkav
04-21-2013, 12:12 AM
Welcome, I'm pretty new myself and am probably not qualified to answer your questions but I have used WGDPS. I did my truck last October with WG swirl remover, finishing glaze, and sealant. My truck is still beading strong 6 months later. I can tell you WGDPS comes off much easier than my Megs products. I'm getting ready to do round 2 here soon. So far I like the products a lot!!

tedhw
04-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Thanks mpkav,
Wow 6 months and still beading strong? It surely lasts a long time!

One thing that also stuck me with UPW is how easy it is to come off compared to my previous other waxes.. Its actually a sealant like WGDGPS, and I am now contemplating if I can justify spending money on another LSP over something I already like very much!

Anyone has tried both UPW and WGDGPS?

Chris's FX4
04-21-2013, 12:16 PM
I haven't used UPW, but I have used ULW. I realize there are slight differences between the two but I like WGDGPS a lot better than ULW.

Here is a test I did this winter with WGDGPS: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/56247-wolfgang-dgps-3-0-winter-test.html

VroomVroom
04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
I've not used UPW, but I am a HUGE fan of DGPS. I think of it as the sealant that looks like a carnauba. Very easy to use (the most forgiving of any sealant I've ever used), and it offers wonderful gloss to go along with the slickness you'd expect from a sealant. It's very durable as well. I'd rate it behind my "go-to" sealants - Blackfire WD and Four Star UPP - in this regard, but it is, IMO, the perfect one-step LSP. (Which, I know, really is a misnomer.)

zmanjohn
04-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Feed back please
I have been reading the reviews and posts on the WGDGPS and just purchased and plan to use shortly. I have noticed and read Chris's Winter test, could someone explain the benifit of the 12-16 hr cure time? Directions don't mention cure time, so just wondering why, very new at this so looking for a little feedback.

cleanmycorolla
04-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Feed back please
I have been reading the reviews and posts on the WGDGPS and just purchased and plan to use shortly. I have noticed and read Chris's Winter test, could someone explain the benifit of the 12-16 hr cure time? Directions don't mention cure time, so just wondering why, very new at this so looking for a little feedback.

the time allows the ploymers in the sealant to cross link and bond to their fullest. this is from the product page

5. This product is moisture-sensitive. In order to achieve a slick, durable finish, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 must cure for at least 12 hours before being exposed to moisture. Do not apply sealant before dusk because dew will interfere with the adhesion to the paint. Park your vehicle in a garage or under a shelter while it is curing, if possible.

mpkav
04-24-2013, 09:56 PM
The curing is just as the above says. Put it on, wait 45 minutes and take it off. Don't let it get wet or put a wax coat on for 12hrs. If you do a full detail you are looking at 8+ hours. Time it so you are taking your sealant off in the evening. That way your car can sit over night with no worries!!!

tedhw
04-25-2013, 07:43 AM
My next question is would WGDGPS 3.0 bonds over Autoglym SRP?

zmanjohn
04-25-2013, 03:04 PM
the time allows the ploymers in the sealant to cross link and bond to their fullest. this is from the product page

5. This product is moisture-sensitive. In order to achieve a slick, durable finish, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 must cure for at least 12 hours before being exposed to moisture. Do not apply sealant before dusk because dew will interfere with the adhesion to the paint. Park your vehicle in a garage or under a shelter while it is curing, if possible.

Thank you for the detailed response. It makes sense now, but does not say that on the instructions on the bottle. I will make sure to look-up the information on the Wolfgang web site to become more familiar with the product and application.

I am planning on doing this in the evening, but the vehicle will be in a garage, so this should not be an issue.

BigRed66
04-25-2013, 03:32 PM
If I wanted to apply a second coat can I do it right after emoving the first coat or should I wait a period of time? Thanks

capnp72
04-25-2013, 03:36 PM
If I wanted to apply a second coat can I do it right after emoving the first coat or should I wait a period of time? Thanks

If you would read the whole thread, you would know the answer to your question.

RandyD
04-25-2013, 03:43 PM

Wait 12-16 hrs before giving it a second coat.

BigRed66
04-25-2013, 06:11 PM
If you would read the whole thread, you would know the answer to your question.

My understanding was the 12 hr cure was for moisture/dew but thanks anyway. I do now see others say something about wax. You could've said that or been a a smart a$$. :dblthumb2:

BigRed66
04-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Wait 12-16 hrs before giving it a second coat.

Thanks Randy. I missed that when I was reading through it earlier.