PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered all the Rupes polishes...

Pages : [1] 2 3

WRAPT C5Z06
04-20-2013, 10:43 PM
To use with my Rupes polisher and Rupes pads(green, yellow, white).

Anyone used Rupes polishes?

jvs1991
04-20-2013, 10:49 PM
What machine are you going to use them on?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-20-2013, 10:50 PM
What machine are you going to use them on?
Rupes LHR15 w/ Rupes pads.

jvs1991
04-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Rupes LHR15 w/ Rupes pads.

I'm interested in picking up some rupes pads, and maybe the polishes. Post up your thoughts, I'm curious if the pads are worth the extra money

2old2change
04-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Didn't you sell your Rupes Mark ?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-20-2013, 11:04 PM
I'm interested in picking up some rupes pads, and maybe the polishes. Post up your thoughts, I'm curious if the pads are worth the extra money
Will do.

I already have the pads(green, yellow, white), they're awesome!! I think the polishes will work best with Rupes polishers and pads. Zephir with blue or green pads, Quarz with green or yellow pads, keramik with yellow or white pads, diamond with the white pad. I don't have the blue compounding pad. If I need that much cut, I'll use Meg's MF pads with M101 or D300. I'm hoping all of these will cover everything I need.

Didn't you sell your Rupes Mark ?
Sold the 21, picked up a 15. :)

jvs1991
04-20-2013, 11:05 PM
You're tempting me to order some now lol. What liquids have you used them with?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-20-2013, 11:14 PM
You're tempting me to order some now lol. What liquids have you used them with?
I've used Sonax Perfect Finish, Menzerna PF2500, HD Polish, and a few more. They may not be worth the extra money, honestly, but I like them.

Paul Dalton consistently gets excellent results with the Rupes system(polisher, pads, liquids).

hernandez.art13
04-20-2013, 11:30 PM
I keep being more converted here on AG.

psnt1ol
04-20-2013, 11:33 PM
Sold the 21, picked up a 15. :)

If you don't mind.... Could you tell me why. I am on the fence regarding the 21. You insight might help me decide. Thanks.

theclock12
04-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Also curious why not the 21

ihaveacamaro
04-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I've used the rupes polishes and just about finished mine.

I'm happy that I'm just about done with them.

The blue and green are just ok, they dust quite a bit, but cut well. Maybe if they were introduced 5 years ago it would be different but with the advent of great cutting compounds with low dusting they are just blown away in my opinion.

The yellow and white have no real faults. Spread well, dust minimally, and do what a fine polish should do. However, for the price, I would choose other polishes that are more potent and finish down just as well.

Sad to say this Mark (especially after you ordered the polishes) but I am overwhelmingly unimpressed with the polishes.

68bowtie
04-21-2013, 01:28 PM
How do u like th e green pads. Ive been using the yellow with fg400 and like it. What lc pad would u compare the rupes green to?

WRAPT C5Z06
04-21-2013, 01:48 PM
If you don't mind.... Could you tell me why. I am on the fence regarding the 21. You insight might help me decide. Thanks.
I tried the 15 after I bought the 21. While the 21 will cuts faster, I can "feel" the difference in the throw compared to the 15. Meaning, with the larger throw, it's not quite as smooth. It's not night and day by any means, but I noticed it. Don't get me wrong, the 21 is still WAYYYY more smooth than the Flex 3401, I just prefer the feel of the 15, even if it doesn't cut as fast.

I've used the rupes polishes and just about finished mine.

I'm happy that I'm just about done with them.

The blue and green are just ok, they dust quite a bit, but cut well. Maybe if they were introduced 5 years ago it would be different but with the advent of great cutting compounds with low dusting they are just blown away in my opinion.

The yellow and white have no real faults. Spread well, dust minimally, and do what a fine polish should do. However, for the price, I would choose other polishes that are more potent and finish down just as well.

Sad to say this Mark (especially after you ordered the polishes) but I am overwhelmingly unimpressed with the polishes.
Thanks for the honest insight, Roshan. I'm just curious how the whole "system" works together. :xyxthumbs:

How do u like th e green pads. Ive been using the yellow with fg400 and like it. What lc pad would u compare the rupes green to?
Tough to say as I've never done any side by side testing. If I had to guess, I'd say the LC orange pad. I really do like the green pad, as well a the yellow and white. Never tried the blue. I'll use MF if I need to go that aggressive.

68bowtie
04-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Could u use the white pad to apply a lsp?