PDA

View Full Version : Compound Aggressiveness Scale

Pages : [1] 2

hernandez.art13
04-20-2013, 10:36 PM
From a scale of 1 - 10 how aggressive is the 3M rubbing compound opposed to the Meguiars compound?
Anybody care to chime in on their preferred compound would be great.

Thank You

Vegas Transplant
04-20-2013, 10:53 PM
Autogeek Swirl Removers & Compounds Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/wax-cut-chart-master.htm)

hernandez.art13
04-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Perfect thank you very much!

hernandez.art13
04-20-2013, 11:34 PM
I use the most scaled Aggressive. Interesting...

Vegas Transplant
04-20-2013, 11:46 PM
I thought the same thing when I read of your preference several days ago. I can use this product, but I'd rather not if I had a choice.

hernandez.art13
04-20-2013, 11:56 PM
I thought the same thing when I read of your preference several days ago. I can use this product, but I'd rather not if I had a choice.

The only reason I use it is because that is all I know. Slowly stepping away from the Production Detailing I was taught.

I am not for or against 3M. But if I see a car I can tell you instantly if it can be restored or fixed/blended etc by me... With the Materials I use.

I got asked a question about a car. "I told them it can't be fully restored by me but I can blend it so it becomes less noticeable.

Paint was gone all the way to the metal.

I told them that I think all they can do is repaint it. Or have someone that specializes in it diagnose it.

Vegas Transplant
04-20-2013, 11:59 PM
10-04 fa sho.
That's the reason I came to AGO...to step up my game. Get my weight up.

Edit: Also doesn't hurt to find products with less non desirable by products such as dusting, and ease of use.

wukin
04-20-2013, 11:59 PM
You could always adjust the aggressiveness by switching different pads. Yeah I do that

hernandez.art13
04-21-2013, 12:09 AM
I used 3M compound with the orange pad and felt really nice for the fading clear coat on the green car I did

I have the yellow pad but haven't used it. I'm assuming it might only be necessary for when I color sand.

hernandez.art13
04-21-2013, 12:14 AM
What would I gain if I switched to Meguiars 105...?

Adjusting the pad seems more simpler if I could achieve the same results with the specific compound I choose.

Also trying to gain more weight!

hernandez.art13
04-21-2013, 12:14 AM
You could always adjust the aggressiveness by switching different pads. Yeah I do that

Yeah I hear you

Vegas Transplant
04-21-2013, 12:17 AM
You've got skills hand. Nothing wrong with using the "tried and true". I'm pretty much into the "contracts" with maintenance.

hernandez.art13
04-21-2013, 12:18 AM
What do you mean by contracts?

hernandez.art13
04-21-2013, 12:21 AM
What would i want least aggressive for a one time job? Only thing I can think of is not burning the paint. But I feel I graduated on that course a long time ago... So still not sure why I should try something different.

New Waxes do catch my eye though..

Vegas Transplant
04-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Back when I was lurking the forums, Mike responded to a thread where the OP was having problems getting vehicles in the driveway. Mike suggested the OP to find a niche. Someone responded about contracts and the benefits thereof. I talked to my lawn maint. guy, got some tips and never looked back. I only have 18 customers. Mostly word of mouth and referrals. Keeping up with the Jones's mentality. I won't detail if the money is not residual. I have no need to chase after customers.
Bang 'em out at a profitable price, maintain on a regularly scheduled interval.
Customers don't care about product, machine, pads, etc...just timely, consistant results.