PDA

View Full Version : Bought a few new goodies...

Pages : [1] 2

P1et
05-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Nothing major, just a few new things:

http://www.southernsoot.com/New.jpg

1) 2x Duragloss 951 Aquawax : been reading a lot of really good stuff about this, so it was only time before I had to buy it! Just tried it the other day on my truck and impressed so far! Smells GREAT too!

2) 1x Rubbermaid Heavy Duty 32. oz spray bottle : I am a huge fan of the Zep spray bottles but they run close to $5 each and are hard to find. I found these at Target and they are $3.99 and have EXACTLY the same spray unit, just the bottl is a little bit different. Hands down the best spray bottles, no doubt.

3) 1x Duragloss 221 Leather Conditioner : I don't have any leather products other than the Woolite/water mix so I picked this up to give it a try. Will let everyone know how it works.

4) 1x EasyGrip 5 gallon bucket : I don't like the buckets that you cannot see through, so it took me a while to find this one. The Easygrip handle is fantastic and I can see exactly how much water vs. foam I have in my bucket. Great for when you really need to measure the car shampoo to water ratio. LOVE THIS THING!!!

:D

Bigfoot
05-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Nice finds! Gonna have to look into those spray bottles!

BILL
05-21-2007, 08:24 AM
Nice finds! Gonna have to look into those spray bottles!

That A.W. is very nice.........;)

sparkie
05-21-2007, 09:22 AM
I think you will please with all them products.

supercharged
05-21-2007, 12:48 PM
Nothing major, just a few new things:

http://www.southernsoot.com/New.jpg

1) 2x Duragloss 951 Aquawax : been reading a lot of really good stuff about this, so it was only time before I had to buy it! Just tried it the other day on my truck and impressed so far! Smells GREAT too!

2) 1x Rubbermaid Heavy Duty 32. oz spray bottle : I am a huge fan of the Zep spray bottles but they run close to $5 each and are hard to find. I found these at Target and they are $3.99 and have EXACTLY the same spray unit, just the bottl is a little bit different. Hands down the best spray bottles, no doubt.

3) 1x Duragloss 221 Leather Conditioner : I don't have any leather products other than the Woolite/water mix so I picked this up to give it a try. Will let everyone know how it works.

4) 1x EasyGrip 5 gallon bucket : I don't like the buckets that you cannot see through, so it took me a while to find this one. The Easygrip handle is fantastic and I can see exactly how much water vs. foam I have in my bucket. Great for when you really need to measure the car shampoo to water ratio. LOVE THIS THING!!!

:D

Let me know how you like #221 leather conditioner.

klumzypinoy
05-21-2007, 02:32 PM
I love those spray bottles! I get them at targeeeet :)

Gary Sword
05-21-2007, 04:46 PM
Sparkie and big Al must be rubbing off on you!

Surfer
05-21-2007, 05:51 PM
AW is awesome....smells like Bacardi

ltoman
05-21-2007, 05:58 PM
You will really like the AW, Piet. It is great.
I never thought about that factor with the bucket - being able to see through it. That would be a real advantage. My husband bought me the one from Home Depot when we were in there, because my little Walmart cheapies did not fit my new Grit Guard...but yours is WAY cooler. I need the spray bottles too, but those have to wait.
Thanks for sharing!
Please write up whatcha think of the DG leather stuff; I am very interested. I need to get something other than the crappy Meg's wipes I have now - soaked, and greasy.....
Lauren

Nica
05-21-2007, 06:21 PM
Nice products, I like the bottles. I found a good place to purchase here in Canada and they sure come in handy.

Some of the other products I have never used. Very interesting find.

Al-53
05-21-2007, 06:51 PM
Remember P1et..a little AW goes a long ways....if you do like I do you will get best application with it....I use 1 MF to wipe it in..spray a mist on the MF first..just one time when you start......1 spray per panel...as the wipe on MF gets wetter from the AW as you wipe it on you use less....and wipe it off with another MF a dry one..so you have a dedicated wipe on MF and a dedicated drying MF...you will use a lot less and get nice results....

you can flip your wipe on MF to a clean side..just use the clean damp side...

AL

P1et
05-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Yes, I'll let everyone know how the Leather Conditioner works out. In all honesty, how could I not pick some up at the local CarQuest now that they're having their sale!

Lauren, the bucket is from Lowes and didn't cost me more than $5. It's a painters bucket by the way, hence the EasyGrip...

And thanks Al, I appreciate the heads-up on the AW. I only used a little bit on my front plastic bumper since I re-waxed the rest completely with Pete's '53. You're right, the MF does get damp rather quickly when spraying a bit too much. You definitely need two or three of them!

dengood1
05-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Alright guys and gals, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Do you want FREE 5 gallon buckets, perfect for washing that the grit guard fits into. Stop by your local bakery or the bakery at your local supermarket and ask them to save the 5 gallon buckets that the glaze, frosting, etc., come in and they most likely will do it for you. They are easy to wash out(much easier than paint buckets) and work perfectly! VERY strong handles too(they have to be to hold the 40lbs. of frosting in them. Ok, I've done my good deed for the day.:cheers:

PS. I have about 20 of them:D

P1et
06-03-2007, 09:57 AM
So I tried out the DG Leather Conditioner and to be honest with you, I probably used it more like a cleaner than anything else.

I started off with a clean orange MF and when I was finished doing my seat, the thing was black. I was quite liberal with it and pretty much poured a few good sized blobs on the seat, worked it in with my hands and then aggitated it with the MF.

The seats were noticably cleaner, even though some elbow grease was required. They felt slicker (I was sliding all over my seats the next day!) and letting it sit out in the sun and having it dry made the seats smell like new.

Cannot beat it for the money...

ltoman
06-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Alright guys and gals, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. Do you want FREE 5 gallon buckets, perfect for washing that the grit guard fits into. Stop by your local bakery or the bakery at your local supermarket and ask them to save the 5 gallon buckets that the glaze, frosting, etc., come in and they most likely will do it for you. They are easy to wash out(much easier than paint buckets) and work perfectly! VERY strong handles too(they have to be to hold the 40lbs. of frosting in them. Ok, I've done my good deed for the day.:cheers:

PS. I have about 20 of them:D
woah! too late for me, but who would have thought of that? very cool!
thank you for sharing, dennis.
i guess you work there? or how did you score all of those, if I may ask?

Lauren:)