PDA

View Full Version : Visited an old friend today

Meticulous-Detail
04-20-2013, 07:59 PM
So today I washed the wife's DD (Ford Fusion) and find scuffs, marks, scratches, dirt marks after the wash. Now last time I waxed it was October 12 with a coat of Megs UPW. Over the winter months it was taken to a pretty decent hand car wash. It really needs a clay, polish, wax, but I didn't have time today.

So I am going thru my options and reach for Megs #6 cleaner wax. I know this stuff is old school and the protection doesn't last ( I top with 845). Megs took out every scuff, dirt mark, and light scratch, left a beautiful shine, the paint felt smooth and glass like, it went on so easy and came off so easy, and it was a pleasure to work with. I stood back at the sections I did and was just amazed. I forgot about my old trusted friend, left him in the corner behind D300, D151, Menzerna and Optimum.

I didn't do the entire car, just a few sections and then topped with Aquawax. After an hour Aquawax set up and she was gleaming. :xyxthumbs:

Have to give props where props are due, Megs #6 :dblthumb2:

cardaddy
04-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Just goes to show.... sometimes the old stuff is the best stuff. ;)

Meticulous-Detail
04-21-2013, 07:23 AM
Just goes to show.... sometimes the old stuff is the best stuff. ;)

You ain't kiddin. I would love to pour some #6 into a fancy boutique bottle and see what the average person thinks.

Setec Astronomy
04-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah, #6 is a good old friend, it's just that it stains trim so badly like all those Meg's waxes.

Meticulous-Detail
04-22-2013, 06:39 AM
Yeah, #6 is a good old friend, it's just that it stains trim so badly like all those Meg's waxes.

I know, it only downside besides longevity. You just have to be careful when applying.

yakky
04-22-2013, 09:36 AM
People seem to hate cleaner waxes, but they work great on daily drivers.