PDA

View Full Version : What would you guys do?

hernandez.art13
04-20-2013, 10:10 AM

Left Fender and Driver side door.

dipolley
04-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Contact a local paintless dent repair company. Or go to the junk yard and see if you can find a new door.

sproketser
04-20-2013, 10:54 AM
+1.

hernandez.art13
04-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Contact a local paintless dent repair company. Or go to the junk yard and see if you can find a new door.

Yeah those were my first thoughts, just figure I'd ask first. I had been trying take picture but was not successful. Yesterday was the right place and right time for these pictures.

I was thinking about contacting him. He requests pictures sent through email so he can give a proper quote. Good reviews too.

West Coast Paintless Dent Repair & Removal
Irvine, CA 92618
(949) 725-0078
http://www.yelp.com/biz/west-coast-paintless-dent-repair-and-removal-irvine-2

VroomVroom
04-20-2013, 06:49 PM
IMO, that is right in the wheel house for a good PDR tech. Middle of the door - thin, soft metal - no seam - easy money for him, and easy smile for you. Good luck...

hernandez.art13
04-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Cool thanks everybody and how much should he be charging me?

dipolley
04-20-2013, 11:25 PM
Cool thanks everybody and how much should he be charging me?

Hard to say. It depends on the area and how good they are. Do NOT quote me on this. I ussually see (guessing retail-wise as I don't pay retail) $25 for the first dent $10 for each additional. Maybe...ish.

Any other ideas on pricing?

rmagnus
04-21-2013, 12:04 AM
Seriously guys replace the door because of 4 small dents that did not even break the paint? Really? Cost of replacement door, weather stripping, fitment including glass and repaint.

PDR guy can fix this good as new for less than $100. Remove the door panel and you most likely will have direct access to these dents. Hammer and dolly them and I bet you'd get almost as good a result as a PDR guy.

Art PM me for referrals if youre in SoCal.

warnerwh
04-21-2013, 12:32 AM
Yes you have nothing to worry about. I've seen a lot worse dents than those repaired to like new. These PDR guys are a much better alternative.

hernandez.art13
04-21-2013, 12:40 AM
Yeah PDR is the way I was going. Was just wondering if some of you guys would fix it yourselves...

rmagnus
04-21-2013, 12:54 AM
Yeah PDR is the way I was going. Was just wondering if some of you guys would fix it yourselves...

Only if you have body work experience and what the car owner expects. Best solution is call PDR tech.

hernandez.art13
04-21-2013, 01:18 AM
Yeah PDR it is for me, I do remember my uncle saying "look" the car had a dent and popped if right out.

My other says (which is true) that he can get 3 cars. One wrecked in the front, other wrecked in the middle, and 3rd in the rear, he would cut each one and make a whole new car with all 3 car sections.

My other uncle is an estimator, other uncle a mechanic, grandpa a auto painter, dad a shop owner, other owns a auto body shop, that's where I learned.

The buffing bug just bit me... I love cosmetically restoring cars.