PDA

View Full Version : Whats the process for washing/drying?

MrOneEyedBoh
04-19-2013, 11:22 PM
I never thought about this much until now.. When washing, do you guys suds up the whole car and then rinse it all at once? If you do it that way dont you worry about it drying on the car?

When you dry, do you guys "flood" the car with water to help carry off the water off of the panels? Do you guys use a QD like hybrid v7 on the wet panels to help dry more safer with MF towels?

bootstrap
04-19-2013, 11:24 PM
Better to let soap dry than water on paint.. Soaps tend to be ph neutral

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

MrOneEyedBoh
04-19-2013, 11:33 PM
Really? I always thought you wanted to get it off asap.. Okay. Thanks. Im running the DG #901

wukin
04-19-2013, 11:35 PM
Read this
Car Wash Guide, Car Wash how to - easy steps to shampoo and dry your vehicle using paint-safe mitts and towels, plus sponges, the Grit Guard and (http://www.autogeek.net/exterior.html)

MrOneEyedBoh
04-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Awesome thanks.

Bunky
04-20-2013, 05:48 AM
I wash and rinse in sections. For example, wash upper surfaces, rinse, wash sides, rinse, etc. You can pick the balance of soap on paint versus rinse depending on your situation. You want to avoid water spots and from my experience soap on paint has less of a chance to spot compared to water. A lot has to do with water quality (dissolved solids).

BobbyG
04-20-2013, 05:51 AM
I wash and rinse in sections. For example, wash upper surfaces, rinse, wash sides, rinse, etc. You can pick the balance of soap on paint versus rinse depending on your situation. You want to avoid water spots and from my experience soap on paint has less of a chance to spot compared to water. A lot has to do with water quality (dissolved solids).

Well said Al......:props:

KBsToy
04-20-2013, 08:06 AM
And hopefully ur washing in the shade .....

I have a good coat of wax on our cars and by the time Iam done with the top of the car the soap is allready running off.

Don`t forget when ur done to take off ur hose nozzle and rinse ur car again.