PDA

View Full Version : Got a question

DETAILED IMPRESSIONS
04-19-2013, 03:59 PM
So I have a few buddies that want me to work on their rides. One wants the works and the others want a good clean n wash no paint correction. So my question on their rides should I just do a wash and ALL IN ONE or just a wash and wax? The cars have swirls and need a paint correction but they just don't want to get it done but want it to look nicer then they do?

So what should I do on the cars then?

When do you know to use wash and all in one vs a wash and wax?

cardaddy
04-19-2013, 07:03 PM
Don't get caught up in trying to make everything come out like it were your own ride. If they want a good wash, better than they do it, then give them that.

I'd say give it a good wash, clay it, then hit it with a spray wax and be done with it. Give the wheels and wheel wells extra attention. Dress all the vinyl and rubber, etc. Just by claying it they'll be blown away. Remember, most people have NEVER HEARD OF CLAYING (a car). ;)

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
04-19-2013, 07:06 PM
+1 on what Tony said. If you feel you must take it a step further then substitute a good AIO in place of the spray wax.

Post the job with the correction work.

BobbyG
04-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Tony's given you some great advise! :props:

When your buddy indicates "a good clean and wash, no paint correction" then this is what you should give him. If you want to toss in a quick spray wax it's up to you and the finish will look much better.

Their cars may look hideous to you however you should honor their requests and give them the "package" they've requested.

Like most of us here, you strive for perfection however most car owners don't....

master detailer
04-20-2013, 06:35 AM
clay bar the hood only and show him how it can look ?

Kevin Cullen
04-20-2013, 06:48 AM
I agree with all that have posted. Most people think vehicles are something that will get you where you want to go and that's it, not a peice of art as most perfectionist detailers do.

silverfox
04-20-2013, 08:09 AM
The motorhead detailing market only represents about 15% of all vehicle owners.

But those 15% are crazy for cars.

DETAILED IMPRESSIONS
04-20-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks guys....I think you all were spot on....gotta relize just cause I love the look how a fully detailed car looks dont mean the customer will. Maybe the old saying goes you get what you pay for.

clay bar the hood only and show him how it can look ?

I like this idea. Maybe in a area less visable to most I can do alittle extra to show them what a little extra can do..