PDA

View Full Version : Propper technique using powerball with metal polish

aklsufan
05-20-2007, 11:35 PM
I have a diamond plate tool box that I will be using a mothers powerball on unable to find the flitz up here. I have some blue wenol metal polish that I got from AG but I need advice on using the powerball, using a mf the wenol works great but very time consuming. What do I need to do apply a light film using a mf and then use the powerball to buff it out??????? I currently do not have any sealer at this time and did not notice any type of sealer locally, after I clean the toolbox can I use wax for the time being to prevent the metal from dulling as fast?

sparkie
05-21-2007, 04:28 AM
http://www.detailguide.com/images/Have_Ball.jpg

budman3
05-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Yup, buy a powerball and use an electric drill. You can use a cordless but it'll eat through the battery fast. You can either apply the polish directly to the tool box or to the ball (I do both actually). Spread it all around until the polish goes black and remove with a junky MF towel. I personally like Mother's PowerPolish and Mag and Aluminum polish for polishing metal. You may need more than one tube of the Wenol polish so a tub of the Mag Aluminum polish may be worth it. You can apply a wax or sealant after you are done to give it a little protection, anything durable would do.

ScottB
05-21-2007, 04:52 PM
charge your batteries in advance, healthy advice !