PDA

View Full Version : Matte/Flat Clears

01GMC
04-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Looking for some tips or informatin on Matte/Flat Clears. I have been reading on various posts related to it thru the search button, and the genernal thought seems to be, "leave it alone".

However, wanted to see if that is still the thought.

Car is BC/CC and then ontop of that is various graphics in flat black. It's understood to be BC/CC w/flatening agent. Waiting on painter to confirm.

Is there the ability to correct matte clear at this point, or will you only produce a semi-gloss finish thus runing the matter clear? Same stand point for protection? Wax/sealant is still recommended to stay away from unless specilay formated for Matte?

I can tape off all graphics, and us a normal process for the rest of the vechile, just wanted to see if was any advice on Matte clear?

FUNX650
04-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Dr. Beasley's; Swissvax; and, now:

Nanolex...

http://pdf.nanolex.de/Pics/M/Matte_02.jpg
Photo Courtesy of: Florian, Nanolex Director

...have products specifically formulated for Matte-"surfaces".

:)

Bob

01GMC
04-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the product information!

Anyone have any experince dealing with this type of clear? Tips on cleaning and or removing contaminats from it?

Can you clay? I have read, not to.
Can you use IronX? I wouldn't see why you can't.

I know you want to keep the look of the clear, and any abrasives will brign a "shine" to the clear. True?

Dr_Pain
04-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Hey Bob, this is a BEAUTIFUL car......

Sorry for the side comment. I have never dealt with a matte paint system, just matte decals, and you have to be very careful to not scratch them because you can't polish them.

Being that this is a clear, I would assume you have a little more leeway, although I can't see how you could polish marring marks, scratches etc... without producing a gloss.

Consider me subscribed!

AeroCleanse
04-24-2013, 04:32 PM
You can't correct matte finish paint or it comes up shiny. Swissvax makes products just for matte finish paint. Not the cheapest products though.

primo spaghetti
04-24-2013, 07:29 PM
scholl concepts also has a product line for matte finishes