PDA

View Full Version : Would this product get out salt stains

CaneCharger
04-19-2013, 06:56 AM
Since moving to Cleveland...I have battled the elements now.
I have salt rings in my carpet, tried hot water and scrubbing...did not really help.

Would this help?

Wolfgang Carpet & Upholstery Restorer attack stains and dirt that will taint your car’s interior! (http://www.autogeek.net/wg5200.html)

MikeN
04-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Use Folex, you can get it in the cleaning section at hd and it works great.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

BucboyInPa
04-19-2013, 07:14 AM
I would like to know also,I had a Toyota Yaris the other week and it had bad salt stains on the drivers mat.I pressure washed it with APC it got it clean but it still has a faint salt line in it.The mat was hard as a rock before I pressure washed it.

Smokey
04-19-2013, 07:46 AM
try white vinegar followed by any quality carpet cleaner

poweraid
04-19-2013, 07:50 AM
for me here in wisconsin , I try to hard scrub , not get it wet yet , as much as I can and then vac up . then I'll hot water ,folex, Bissel to extract.
best bet and I know they are not made for every vehicle , and not cheap . get uself some custom molded floor mats is u can . weather tech , husky . they like have raised outer edging which does not allow the snow/water/salt to run onto carpet . now these look just fine in a truck , but in a car , idk , maybe u can swap out the mats summer/winter purposes .

Johnnyboy
04-19-2013, 07:53 AM
Use Folex, you can get it in the cleaning section at hd and it works great.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AG Online

try white vinegar followed by any quality carpet cleaner

I read on another Forum about a combination of both of these. I wouldn't know first hand but it's worth a try.

Audios S6
04-19-2013, 07:55 AM
The salt is a mineral that will dissolve in the water, but if the water isn't removed from the carpets, the stains will reappear once the water evaporates. Normally, I break up as much of the deposit as I can with a stiff brush and vacuum it out before wetting anything. I'll then wet the surface, scrub like crazy and finally use an extractor to remove the water with the dissovled minerals, sometimes it takes a few passes with the extractor in the spots where your feet are grinding it into the carpet.

CaneCharger
04-19-2013, 05:09 PM
thanks!

RGL
04-19-2013, 05:27 PM
I use the vacuum attachment and press down to scrape or chip the large amounts off. I used CG grime reaper (1:5) last year on a dark carpets with a stiff brush to get the small amounts off and it worked great. Test spot on light colours if you choose this chemical.

I lay down the sticky plastic that contractors use in homes to walk on carpets followed up by two interior entrance floor runners. The ones with the rubber underneath and a large rubber winter floor matt normally Michelin from Costco Canada.

I hate salt on my carpets.