PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think?

hernandez.art13
04-19-2013, 01:31 AM
This is a copy and paste, I am just posting this to hear your guys opinion.

"1. Compound
2. Pass it over again with compound and water
3. Wipe it gentyle with a moist towel and then go over it with a little compound and foam pad just to clean up the left over compound and see it I missed anything then polish it gently
Then you can wax it or use the swirl remover whatever you like better or even both haha"

This is his black paint procedure.

We just chat and share info here and there sometimes go fishing.

davey g-force
04-19-2013, 01:34 AM
That's... different.

swanicyouth
04-19-2013, 06:03 AM
Makes no sense. If anything, adding water to a compound (spritz) will give it more cut. Why???

hernandez.art13
04-19-2013, 12:44 PM
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. At least he is getting the results he wants but what would you guys have done differently. So I can give him some new advice to try out!

Thank You Very Much

FUNX650
04-19-2013, 01:26 PM
This is a copy and paste, I am just posting this to hear your guys opinion.

"1. Compound
2. Pass it over again with compound and water
3. Wipe it gentyle with a moist towel and then go over it with a little compound and foam pad
just to clean up the left over compound and see it I missed anything then 4. "polish" (?) it gently
What type of 'machine' is he using for each (of what I count to be) four compounding steps?

Then you can wax it or use the swirl remover whatever you like better or even both haha"

This is his black paint procedure.

Black paint procedure aside...
Whenever I compound (very seldom is it: 3-4 "steps"), I will follow-up with another step (or more, if needed)
using at least a swirl-remover polish.

If a rotary is the machine used for compounding...Then:
A DA/RO machine is an excellent choice for the polishing/LSP'ing steps...IMO.

-If you want to suggest to your buddy to incorporate different tools, products, techniques
into his procedures of detailing vehicles: Fine and dandy!
[Why even this old dog (yours truly) has learned a few new tricks over the years!!]

-I do believe, however, that it's up to your buddy (if there are to be any "detailing-changes")...
to make that his judgement call.

:)

Bob

hernandez.art13
04-19-2013, 02:01 PM
He is my cousin... We pretty much learned at the same time. He is still working at the AutoBody shop though.

This is what he said:

I asked him if he uses the same Dewalt machine i used.

"Yea just the dewalt but I use wool pad with compound and a foam pad with compound I use both wool first then foam"

hernandez.art13
04-19-2013, 02:10 PM
[Why even this old dog (yours truly) has learned a few new tricks over the years!!]

:)

Bob

I will stop learning the day I die... I love it.

hernandez.art13
04-19-2013, 02:12 PM
He has to color sand orange peel

"I converted to just using 1200 bro I use to use 1500 and 2000 but sometimes its harder to see what you miss until you wash the car haha so 1200 is fine enough to remove fast and its also really to see where you missed and all that on that black car I used 1200 only"