PDA

View Full Version : Does clay bars also take old wax/ sealants off

Alex Haramic
04-18-2013, 08:30 PM
Looking at cleaners that take off old wax and sealants I noticed clay bars are offered to does that mean it will strip the old wax or sealant of too I know there are non abrasive polishers such as pinnacle and Wolfgang paint cleaners then there are spray waxes I know the difference between the two but I was wondering if clay bars do the same ? Or just pick up particles that are in the paint that some cleaners can't pick up? Thanks

swanicyouth
04-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Most people will tell you clay will easily remove wax or sealant from a surface. My opinion is that it will not always do so (especially mild clay used with a lot of lube). At any rate, it will likely remove some, so re-waxing (or polishing, then waxing) after claying is a good idea IMHO.

KBsToy
04-19-2013, 08:15 AM
Most people will tell you clay will easily remove wax or sealant from a surface. My opinion is that it will not always do so (especially mild clay used with a lot of lube). At any rate, it will likely remove some, so re-waxing (or polishing, then waxing) after claying is a good idea IMHO.

:xyxthumbs: