PDA

View Full Version : Leather: condition vs protect?

kjk66ss
04-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Hey everyone,

I have been using Lexol leather cleaner and Lexol leather conditioner. I am relatively new to this hobby, and have read that I only should condition my seats 2-3 times a year. I have also read that n some leathers, and some conditioners containing certain chemicals are actually bad for the leather.

Now my truck is a 2007 Chevy truck with the LT3 package that has leather seats and know that the leather is not the highest of quality but I still want it to look pristine.

What steps should I be doing when I do my weekly wash, and interior clean. I don't not like anything that looks greasy or glossy.

CM8 6MT
04-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Cleaning leather is a highly debated topic. I like to keep it simple and use what works for me, Mothers LeatherTech. I wrote a review on it sometime ago, check it out:

www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/61125-mother-s-leathertech.html

kjk66ss
04-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Cleaning leather is a highly debated topic. I like to keep it simple and use what works for me, Mothers LeatherTech. I wrote a review on it sometime ago, check it out:

www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/61125-mother-s-leathertech.html

Do you use that product with every wash?

kjk66ss
04-18-2013, 06:25 PM
Anyone else have any input

Dogfather
04-18-2013, 07:45 PM
As CM8 6MT stated, this is a highly debated topic, as you'll see when you search the threads. Personally (BTW I'm not a professional) I clean and condition the Ivory leather on my DD only 2-3X/yr (Zaino), but maintain it with frequent light cleaning with Megs QID. No adverse effects so far (4.5 yrs.)

Rsurfer
04-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Anyone else have any input

Your leather is already protected with a clear coating. Just keep it clean. A mild cleaner after every wash will keep it clean and protected.

CM8 6MT
04-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Do you use that product with every wash?

No because its not required, after you seal your leather with the Infusion Gel, it keeps your leather cleaner longer.

For "touch ups" or when cleaning in between, I use Mothers VLR, it cleans Vinyl, Leather & Rubber.