PDA

View Full Version : Pro's and Con's between these 2?

hernandez.art13
04-18-2013, 11:13 AM
I am used to these 2 products and used them daily for customer cars. So my question is why should I try other products? I'd rather invest money on buying a rotary in the future. Just wondering your thoughts thank you.

3M Ultrafine Machine Polish

3M Rubbing Compound

statusdetailing
04-18-2013, 11:25 AM
The compound cons: meh...I like m105, and 100 better. and I'm about to switch to 101, which I'm sure will be better. IMO it's not bad, it's just not as good as 105.

Pros: body shop safe. has decent cut (but doesn't finish as well as 105)

Ultrafine Polish cons: I could be wrong but I think it has fillers.

Pros: I love the feel and working time of this product (although I don't use it much anymore. If used as the very last step, it finishes nicely and the fillers aren't a big deal if you've done the previous steps correctly. Overall I like m205 better.

Pdetailz
04-18-2013, 11:27 AM
The compound cons: meh...I like m105, and 100 better. and I'm about to switch to 101, which I'm sure will be better. IMO it's not bad, it's just not as good as 105.

Pros: body shop safe. has decent cut (but doesn't finish as well as 105)

Ultrafine Polish cons: I could be wrong but I think it has fillers.

Pros: I love the feel and working time of this product (although I don't use it much anymore. If used as the very last step, it finishes nicely and the fillers aren't a big deal if you've done the previous steps correctly. Overall I like m205 better.

:iagree:

statusdetailing
04-18-2013, 11:29 AM
I'm just basing that off of experience using these products. I don't really know a lot about them. In the past I used a couple large bottles of both the compound and polish. There's also a regular polish that I really hate. It gums up and is mediocre. If it sits in your pads very long at all, it will ruin them.