PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning "sport" cloth seats?

2BlackChevys
04-17-2013, 08:28 PM
My wife has a 2012 Ford Transit van for her work car and has a coffee stain on one of the cloth seats. I tried Folex and it didn't help.

Also my father in law has a 2008ish Dodge Durango with similar seats that are also stained.

I read a thread recently about cleaning the "sport" type material on these cloth seats but I tried several searches and can't seem to find it again?

Anyone done a Transit or Durango lately that can give me pointers on the seats?

DaVinciAutoSpa
04-18-2013, 10:56 AM
ugh. Whoever designed this fabric and approved it's use should be shot. Mazda,(Ford owns), and Dodge. Drives me insane.

Anyway, I'd try MEg's APC+ diluted 10:1, light brushing, because this fabric has frayed up on me if I scrubbed too hard, followed by steam and then extract. If you do not have an extractor, get really hot water and douse the seat using a spray bottle......HAVE YOUR SHOP VAC IN HAND AFTER YOU DOUSE THE SEAT.

Sorry to yell but 'grabbing' that hot water, which is now degreaser and hot water and stain, out of the fabric is key. Blot with a white terry cloth towel to dry further.

re:Folex, to be honest it's been a crap shoot for me. Some stains it works wonders, others it does nothing. That's why I stick with Meg's APC+. Good luck and I hope this helps.

TheCougarGuy
04-18-2013, 11:34 AM
When you get them clean, I recommend using 303 Hi Tech Fabric Guard on them.

303 high tech fabric guard, 303 fabric guard (http://www.autogeek.net/303fabricguard.html)

2BlackChevys
04-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Thanks guys!