PDA

View Full Version : New ride prep

Bigds2012TT
04-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Just brought home my new 13 Toyo Tundra. I demanded they pull it off the truck when delivered and NOT TO TOUCH IT. I was pleasantly surprised when I showed up and it had plastic everywhere still attached to the truck. I really want to OC 2.0 this truck and wanted to ask if its necessary to clay since it is new? I was thinking about using Trix around the truck, but staying away from the clear bra and other clear protective prices they installed as well. My process would be:

CW&G foam gun and GDM for washing,
Dry with blower and MFWW towel to pat dry. I used the swirl finder and hadn't noticed any but kinda hard to see on the white. If I do come across swirls I'd use menz4000 or 4500 with a LLC CCS blue pad to tackle the problem areas.
IPA wipe down, And then apply OC
My question is how hard would it be to see the high spots on the white paint? I have never owned a vehicle with black wheels so wanted to ask it Sonax and OC would be ok to use and apply on the black rims and running boards.17294172951729617297

Bigds2012TT
04-18-2013, 01:56 PM
Anyone? :(

hernandez.art13
04-18-2013, 02:55 PM
If nobody posts on here. Find a reputable detailer in your area call them and ask them for advice. Don't buy just ask for advice.

rmagnus
04-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Just brought home my new 13 Toyo Tundra. I demanded they pull it off the truck when delivered and NOT TO TOUCH IT. I was pleasantly surprised when I showed up and it had plastic everywhere still attached to the truck. I really want to OC 2.0 this truck and wanted to ask if its necessary to clay since it is new? I was thinking about using Trix around the truck, but staying away from the clear bra and other clear protective prices they installed as well. My process would be:

CW&G foam gun and GDM for washing,
Dry with blower and MFWW towel to pat dry. I used the swirl finder and hadn't noticed any but kinda hard to see on the white. If I do come across swirls I'd use menz4000 or 4500 with a LLC CCS blue pad to tackle the problem areas.
IPA wipe down, And then apply OC
My question is how hard would it be to see the high spots on the white paint? I have never owned a vehicle with black wheels so wanted to ask it Sonax and OC would be ok to use and apply on the black rims and running boards.17294172951729617297

Wash it and do the baggie test. Most new cars have contaminents on and in the paint. It was most likely stored before getting it ready for delivery. Iron-x will remove rust, clay will clean the paint. It's most likely clear coat but many have suggested Toyota still uses SS paint on their white colors. I've never run across it but you should know by doing a test spot. Many do use OC on wheels others use Col845. Your goal should be to apply the selant and get it level however white will hide many sins.

PS Congrats on the new truck!

Bigds2012TT
04-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Thank you. Will these sealants brighten up the matte look of my wheels? Want to try and avoid that.

kimtyson
04-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Yes, you should clay it. Even new cars have contaminants. I don't think the matte will become gloss, if that's what you mean on the wheels. Congrats on the new vehicle.