PDA

View Full Version : QD ?'s

Pages : [1] 2

white2001yukon
05-20-2007, 08:32 PM
Do all quick detailers do the same job or do others work better?
I'm currently using Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer and was wondering if there is a better one out there? I just applied Klasse AIO and topped it with Natty's Blue and then the mother's product. It looks okay but I'm looking for more shine.

D
05-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Ive got both, but havent used one (DG #921). Some other favorites on here are Pinnacle crystal mist, and Clearkote Quick Shine, but CK isnt sold here anymore.

budman3
05-20-2007, 08:47 PM
On the looks standpoint, you won't gain anything when using a QD. You get your best results with thorough polishing to remove any swirls or defects. You can use whatever QD you want but if the paint is swirled, it won't look its best. If you have swirls, try to polish them out and then try your AIO/Natty's combo again. I personally like Mothers Showtime, along with PB Spray and Gloss... most have similar functions though.

Jimmie
05-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Mother's Showtime is rarely mentioned on here but it's got it's fans. I'm one. Love the smell. I use it as a clay lube. It's a good one.

Surfer
05-20-2007, 09:19 PM
Good defect removal (polishing) is about 90% of the looks, I can make crap Black Magic look better on a well prepped black car, then Souveran with no/bad prep.

With that said, I have the old formula Crystal Mist, Quickshine, Spray and Gloss and Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine (think I'm forgetting some lol?). Personally I like Duragloss qd'er the best, looks great and cleans very well....but most are all pretty similar

white2001yukon
05-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks guys, I've reading a lot lately and it seems people here like:
Poorboy's QW
Crystal Mist
Clearkote Quikshine
DW clean and shine

I guess I'm gonna buy all of these and see wich one I like the best.

Again, Thanks a bunch.

Surfer
05-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys, I've reading a lot lately and it seems people here like:
Poorboy's QW
Crystal Mist
Clearkote Quikshine
DW clean and shine

I guess I'm gonna buy all of these and see wich one I like the best.

Again, Thanks a bunch.There's a difference, there are qd'ers and qd'er+ (one that adds protection instead of just glossing agents). Duragloss AW would be a qd'er+, Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine would be a qd'er, and an excellent one at that.

Poorboys QW' is a qd'er+ b/c of the added light carnauba protection, I have it and don't really care for, might as well put another layer of wax on as it will take you the same amount on time. Poorboys Spray and Gloss would be their qd'er.

wytstang
05-20-2007, 09:29 PM
PB S&G and CK QS are my go to qd's.

white2001yukon
05-20-2007, 09:32 PM
Thank you very much.
I'm new here and just learning the diff. betweens all these products:)
That's why I love this site, lots of people with experience:righton:
I think I'm getting addicted here lol

wytstang
05-20-2007, 09:39 PM
When my crystal white 95 stang pulls next to a 99+ oxford stang and my paint looks better. Makes the money/time spent well worth it in my book.

white2001yukon
05-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Do you have pics of your car?

I own a 95 GT conv. and 2003 centennial edition mustang Gt
They are both black.

"YOU CAN HAVE IT IN ANY COLOR AS LONG ITS BLACK":righton:

Surfer
05-20-2007, 10:10 PM
Do you have pics of your car?

I own a 95 GT conv. and 2003 centennial edition mustang Gt
They are both black.

"YOU CAN HAVE IT IN ANY COLOR AS LONG ITS BLACK":righton:I think Ford made a couple different Centennial vehicles....awhile back I almost bought an 03' Centennial Edition Explorer that was real sharp looking in that black and black interior with dark wood trim. Had some nice mods as well, but was a sharp looking truck, I believe the black was different from the normal Ford black.

wytstang
05-20-2007, 10:14 PM
White on White owns all :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/NewHomeFirstdetail025Medium.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/NewHomeFirstdetail032Medium.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/Fusion%20Detail/NewHomeFirstdetail017Medium.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/DSC00972-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/wytstang/Picture031.jpg

ScottB
05-21-2007, 05:01 PM
I firmly believe there are two kinds of qd'ers --- some would be better considered qd'er+'s.

qd'er ---good for spot cleaning, lubricated well with a little cleaning power

qd'er+ --- adds additional gloss, durability, typically more of a booster product and not usually the best for spot cleanup

dengood1
05-21-2007, 05:11 PM
I firmly believe there are two kinds of qd'ers --- some would be better considered qd'er+'s.

qd'er ---good for spot cleaning, lubricated well with a little cleaning power

qd'er+ --- adds additional gloss, durability, typically more of a booster product and not usually the best for spot cleanup

I definitely agree. Some are simply for cleaning/lube, others add the "pop" factor. Finishkare 425, Duragloss Aquawax, Crystal Mist, Mother's Showtime, Poorboys S&G, Clearkote Quickshine are some of the better ones that add a little sumpin' sumpin':D