PDA

View Full Version : If it isnt clayed!!! It is not clean!!!!!

shineFXdetail
05-20-2007, 08:32 PM
I am adopting this as my new motto.I have sold to many jobs from using clay.I cant bring myself to leaving a car unclayed anymore.Left one the other day just wash and wax and couldnt sleep called customer next morning and went back out and clayed and waxed agian.Just somehing about that smooth as glass feel and the customer coming out and feeling the hood and going WOW that is cool.I always leave a 2x2 section unclayed to show the customer the diffrence.:righton:

D
05-20-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree. It made a HUGE difference on the SRX I did this week. I did a door panel, took a step back and looked at the other door and was shocked in the difference. It went from a dull almost yellowy white color, to a white snow like color.

Jimmie
05-20-2007, 09:09 PM
I just did two brand new trucks this guy bought for his business and niether passed the baggie test (I had him do the baggie test too). They got clayed after he saw the difference.

shineFXdetail
05-20-2007, 09:28 PM
I am addicted to this stuff.:D

Adde
05-20-2007, 09:51 PM
idk but whenver i clay i dont see any results i must be doing it wrong...

Jimmie
05-20-2007, 09:56 PM
idk but whenver i clay i dont see any results i must be doing it wrong...

I'll bet you're doing it fine. It's more of a feel than a look. Occassionally it may remove some layers of old wax that are discolored.

D
05-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah, it is mostly feel over looks, but I saw a huge difference in the white SUV.