PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire Black Ice - More Sealant or Wax?

RandyD
04-16-2013, 04:09 PM
What percentage of Black Ice is a sealant and what percent is a wax? I thought I heard Todd Helm say that it had greater durability than BFWD Sealant at detailfest. I read a lot about the waxes in it but not the sealant part. Just wondering about the durability if there is more wax in it.

Also, I believe it takes BFWD sealant about 12 hours to cure. How long for Blackfire Black Ice?

FUNX650
04-16-2013, 05:10 PM
What percentage of Black Ice is a sealant and what percent is a wax? I thought I heard Todd Helm say that it had greater durability than BFWD Sealant at detailfest. I read a lot about the waxes in it but not the sealant part. Just wondering about the durability if there is more wax in it.

BlackIce is said to contain: Two different waxes: Carnuba and Montan.
This is in contrast to: Three different "polymers" from around the World.

I personally don't worry about the %-difference between waxes and "polymers" in LSP's because:
It's been said that, for the most part, the wax-emulsion in car-care products is basically used as a carrier.

Also, I believe it takes BFWD sealant about 12 hours to cure. How long for Blackfire Black Ice?
I believe that the 12 hours cure time was for BFWD without the catalyst known as: Polycharger.

The cure time for Polycharged-BFWD was considerably less...
It began within minutes of being exposed to atmospheric-air.

Can't say that I've read/heard about BlackIce being "Polycharged from the factory", or not.
If not:
Would it cause any harm to: "Aftermarket-Polycharge"...Blackfire's BlackIce?

:)

Bob

ScottB
04-16-2013, 06:25 PM
I just consider it a hybrid ...