PDA

View Full Version : "Give credit where credit is due"..

Pages : [1] 2

WRAPT C5Z06
04-16-2013, 02:37 PM
I'm really trying to practice this motto. I ordered a grilled chicken salad today at McDonalds. The gentlemen who helped me at the counter did a great job! Even though he's probably not making a lot of money, he still took his job very seriously. He was attentive and very kind from start to finish. I couldn't help but compliment him for his customer service. His manager was standing about 5 feet away, so, I got her attention and told her he's doing an excellent job! I purposely wanted him to hear me. His smile lit up bigger than the kool aid guy. I felt good, he felt good, and so did his manager. I'm glad I went out of my way to compliment someone who deserved it! You should, too! :)

Wheelzntoys
04-16-2013, 02:46 PM
Good job Mark:dblthumb2:

runrun411
04-16-2013, 02:46 PM
I always say, sometimes you do something nice for the other person and not for yourself. A little can go a long, long way. You just never know how much a few kind words can mean so much and be a motivator or even a life changer at any given moment. The great thing about kindness is it doesn't cost a cent.

WRAPT C5Z06
04-16-2013, 03:03 PM
I always say, sometimes you do something nice for the other person and not for yourself. A little can go a long, long way. You just never know how much a few kind words can mean so much and be a motivator or even a life changer at any given moment. The great thing about kindness is it doesn't cost a cent.
:goodpost:

NickZ28
04-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Excellent Mark...It's always nice when someone genuinely appreciates a job well done. You made that guy's day by offering your words of encouragement.

mjd91
04-16-2013, 03:40 PM
All too often people in jobs such as that only hear the negative remarks. It always makes you feel good when you take a few moments to compliment them.

Hoytman
04-16-2013, 03:43 PM
I'm really trying to practice this motto. I ordered a grilled chicken salad today at McDonalds. The gentlemen who helped me at the counter did a great job! Even though he's probably not making a lot of money, he still took his job very seriously. He was attentive and very kind from start to finish. I couldn't help but compliment him for his customer service. His manager was standing about 5 feet away, so, I got her attention and told her he's doing an excellent job! I purposely wanted him to hear me. His smile lit up bigger than the kool aid guy. I felt good, he felt good, and so did his manager. I'm glad I went out of my way to compliment someone who deserved it! You should, too! :)

Two great posts, guys. :dblthumb2:

Try this one Mark and see how this one makes you feel:

Everytime you see a veteran walk up to them, even if you see them across the hall or the parking lot...walk up to them, tell them your name, shake their hand, and say, " I just wanted to thank you for your service Sir/Ma'am." Do this a everytime you see a veteran and report back in a few months and tell us how it makes you feel, and more importantly how it made those veterans feel. I'll tell you right now, you better be ready for all sorts of reactions, good reactions, but be ready. It's just another way to, "Give credit where credit is due."

Mark, I gotta tell ya'...there's nothing like seeing the expressions of ol' WWII heroes smilin' and cryin' tears of appreciation at the same time. The Vietnam Veterans really appreciate it also...those guys got treated terrible when they came home.

Not too long ago I met a giant of woman ( about 6' 2" - 3") in full uniform who had just came home from Afghanistan. When I shook her hand she broke down and cried...we both did...for few minutes. The young lady...it's untellin' what she'd been through, and I truly believe she appreciated my gesture.

There's lots of ways we can, "Give credit, where credit is due." Like this...

Mark, I really respect your humbleness in publicly mentioning that you're "trying" to be a better man. It takes a real man to admit his own shortcomings.:props:

DRT BRD
04-16-2013, 03:49 PM
All too often people in jobs such as that only hear the negative remarks. It always makes you feel good when you take a few moments to compliment them.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Everyone ALWAYS has time to point out the bad stuff. But not many take the time to point out the good.

Kudos to you!

dad07
04-16-2013, 03:55 PM

Good job Mark:dblthumb2:

Two great posts, guys. :dblthumb2:

Try this one Mark and see how this one makes you feel:

Everytime you see a veteran walk up to them, even if you see them across the hall or the parking lot...walk up to them, tell them your name, shake their hand, and say, " I just wanted to thank you for your service Sir/Ma'am." Do this a everytime you see a veteran and report back in a few months and tell us how it makes you feel, and more importantly how it made those veterans feel. I'll tell you right now, you better be ready for all sorts of reactions, good reactions, but be ready. It's just another way to, "Give credit where credit is due."

Mark, I gotta tell ya'...there's nothing like seeing the expressions of ol' WWII heroes smilin' and cryin' tears of appreciation at the same time. The Vietnam Veterans really appreciate it also...those guys got treated terrible when they came home.

Not too long ago I met a giant of woman ( about 6' 2" - 3") in full uniform who had just came home from Afghanistan. When I shook her hand she broke down and cried...we both did...for few minutes. The young lady...it's untellin' what she'd been through, and I truly believe she appreciated my gesture.

There's lots of ways we can, "Give credit, where credit is due." Like this...

Mark, I really respect your humbleness in publicly mentioning that you're "trying" to be a better man. It takes a real man to admit his own shortcomings.:props:

all three of these post are right on the money!

Great Posts Guys!

JSou
04-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Great thread. Really warms my heart with these types of things.

Evan.J
04-16-2013, 04:57 PM
:iagree:

Great stuff guys props to everyone!

mets2010
04-16-2013, 05:09 PM
People are very easy to complain but stay away from giving compliments :dblthumb2::dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

WRAPT C5Z06
04-16-2013, 05:44 PM

How ironic you mention this, Bill!! I've been working(different deparment) with a guy for 2 years. Never knew he was a vietnam vet until today(a co-worker brought it up out of nowhere). I went up to him and said, " Hey ****, this whole time, I had no clue you're a vietnam veteran. Thank you so much for your service!" He was speachless for a second, then finally said with a lot of emotion, "wow, I really appreciate that, I really do! Thank you so much!!"

:dblthumb2: :props:

cartman57
04-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Couldn't agree more with everyones comments, it only takes a minute to compliment and make someones day.
Too much negativity.

ScottB
04-16-2013, 06:24 PM
I made it a formal process, if I am going to point out something that is amiss, then I must also point out when something goes well. You will find more positive than negative and it feels good too !