PDA

View Full Version : Total package for a first time order

Pages : [1] 2

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
04-15-2013, 10:42 PM
I have read over and over about products. I realize that each brand carries better products for particular applications.

If you had to pick a total car care package which brand would you pick?

So far I am leaning towards Blackfire and it seems to be a little less expensive.

Some of the before and afters of Wolfgang are also amazing.

Thoughts and recommendations please:xyxthumbs:

spiralout462
04-15-2013, 10:58 PM
I could never pick one brand. I love trying different products. I have detail sprays from about 6 different manufacturers right now. LOL. One brand might make an excellent polish but also make a terrible wheel cleaner. I wouldn't want to limit myself. If you do however Blackfire, Meguiar's, Wolfgang, Optimum all carry a full line.

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
04-15-2013, 11:11 PM
lol I did not want that answer:nomore:

akj
04-15-2013, 11:16 PM
Very good question. I can't weigh in on much but I can vouch for megs apc+ very great product a little does ALOT! And last forever
Also megs d151 just got some today and must say that its a GREAT product and CHEAP

Sent from my SCH-L710 using AG Online

Vegas Transplant
04-15-2013, 11:57 PM
Dr. G., without a doubt.
OCC products for the win.

akj
04-16-2013, 12:01 AM
I think the op's question was more like what brands are better for specific applications.. like polishes, apc, wheel cleaner, compounds, waxes, sealer, shampoos, etc...
Example I feel megs makes the beat apc but I feel pinnacle makes some of the better waxes

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
04-16-2013, 12:06 AM
I've picked out what I think is better based on reviews for particular applications.

I did want to see if anyone ran just one line of products but it seems this is not the case do far.

Now I see why people have a hard time with there first order.

I'm going to have to make a list and then post again.

Vegas Transplant
04-16-2013, 12:22 AM
I think the op's question was more like what brands are better for specific applications.. like polishes, apc, wheel cleaner, compounds, waxes, sealer, shampoos, etc...
Example I feel megs makes the beat apc but I feel pinnacle makes some of the better waxes

10-04.

I've picked out what I think is better based on reviews for particular applications.

I did want to see if anyone ran just one line of products but it seems this is not the case do far.

Now I see why people have a hard time with there first order.

I'm going to have to make a list and then post again.

If I were just starting out, I'd pick a good cleaner wax (sealant).
Clay magic.
OTC shampoo.
APC...generic, dilutable.
Decide my compound/polishes utilizing the http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-charts-graphs/19746-very-comprehensive-compound-chart.html.

845 for topper...being a durable hybrid.
Duragloss or OCW for maint.

hernandez.art13
04-16-2013, 12:31 AM
Very good question. I can't weigh in on much but I can vouch for megs apc+ very great product a little does ALOT! And last forever
Also megs d151 just got some today and must say that its a GREAT product and CHEAP

I ordered the Meg'a APC yesterday!!!

hernandez.art13
04-16-2013, 12:34 AM
The only compound I have ever used is 3M, what else is out there? For my next bottle it would be fun to try a new compound!

Vegas Transplant
04-16-2013, 12:41 AM

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
04-16-2013, 12:41 AM
I'm thinking:
Soap - CG Maxi suds
Iron X
Clay Lube - DP
Clay - DP
Heavy compound - m105
Light Compound - m205
Glaze - CG EZ creme glaze
Polish-
Wax -
Spray Detail - CG speed wipe spray/anti static
Tire Cleaner - Blackfire AIO Cleaner
Tire Gel - Blackfire total eclipse

Griots gen 3 with 6", 5", 3" pads
LC 5.5 pads 5 pac

that's about where I'm at for now.

Vegas Transplant
04-16-2013, 12:43 AM
Solid. You will learn on multiple levels from these choices.

What year/model/color of the first victim?

Kyle@PrecisionPolish
04-16-2013, 12:46 AM
I'm going to do some more reading tomorrow for wax, polish and for interior i will purchase a steamer so I'm thinking some type of, vinyl and leather protectant but not cleaners because of the steamer and a good glass cleaner. I think that should start me for wash,wax,compound and interior.

nissenc1337
04-16-2013, 07:58 AM
A brand that doesn't get a lot of coverage is the only brand I use, Mothers. It's relatively accessible and they may great stuff. Both of my cars are maintained by their products.

They don't have a few of the newer items like waterless washes or all purpose cleaner(they're coming out with one soon) but they have good reason behind all of that.

They make all the brushes you could need and all the microfiber you'd want!

However, they do not produce their own pads and DA Polishers.

Love Mothers stuff, can't go wrong. :xyxthumbs: