PDA

View Full Version : New Opti-Coatings?

spiralout462
04-15-2013, 08:02 PM
I have been interested in the new coatings from Optimum since their release. I am curious if any members have any experience with Opti-Lens or Opti-Glass yet. I have yet to see any reviews. ??

WRXINXS
04-16-2013, 08:47 AM
I used Opti-Glass on my Dad's 2002 Maxima last weekend. I used it on all exterior glass.

Very, very easy to use. Wipe on, let set up for about 2 minutes and buff off with a soft microfiber. Left the finish super slick and did not make a big dent in the bottle. Application process was like a 15 minute job.

I prepped the glass by glass science glass scub during the wash process and claying and using DP High Performance Glass Restorer with my PC. I did not get the glass perfect and it does have some swirls but it is over 10 years old after all.

I also bought the clean and protect concentrate and need to mix up a bottle of it.

Looking forward to using it on my RX-7, WRX and my Mom's G37x as well.

I have not pulled the trigger on Opti-Lens yet but would like to when I see more info about prepping the lens and reviews on the product.

spiralout462
04-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Did you use it on the windshield also? It's about time for glass treatments on my vehicles. I'm just trying to decide which route to take. Like you I'm waiting paitently on the reviews for Opti-Lens.

WRXINXS
04-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Did you use it on the windshield also? It's about time for glass treatments on my vehicles. I'm just trying to decide which route to take. Like you I'm waiting paitently on the reviews for Opti-Lens.

Yep used it on the windshield/side glass/ and back glass. My Dad has not driven very much in the rain yet so no feedback yet. Surface was very slick afterwards! I just made sure after the 2 minute setup to buff off every bit of residue so I would not have to polish off a high spot after it dried. Very simple to use.

With Opti-Lens I'm hoping I would not have to "Scuff Up" the surface of headlights that are in perfect shape. Like you, waiting on more info before I buy.

Setec Astronomy
04-16-2013, 07:09 PM
With Opti-Lens I'm hoping I would not have to "Scuff Up" the surface of headlights that are in perfect shape. Like you, waiting on more info before I buy.

No, you don't have to scuff anything, the surface has to be polished. If you have "perfect" headlights a light polish to make sure they are clean.

WRXINXS
04-17-2013, 08:47 AM
No, you don't have to scuff anything, the surface has to be polished. If you have "perfect" headlights a light polish to make sure they are clean.

Thanks Systec:xyxthumbs: