PDA

View Full Version : Used Minuteman Gotcha....to buy or not to buy?

pointillistic_practitioner
04-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Hi everyone! The coming of spring means more part-time detailing work for me (yippee!) Organized the garage out yesterday and put all supplies onto dedicated shelves etc. Felt good! Anyway, I'm looking for an extractor that's more dedicated than the Bissell LG that I've had for several years now, and is starting to get spastic....I found a minuteman gotcha used on ebay that I'm intersted in (the price is right). I really want something to heat the water (I hate that the LG's water goes cold, and that it's not powerful enough), but I realize that'll cost too much. Anyone know how to make a cost effective water heater homemade for someone who's not electrically inclined? or what I could otherwise get? How does this unit look? Does anyone have one and have any comments on it? It's being sold from a pawn shop... but it seems to be the best thing I've found in awhile on ebay/craiglist as far as price for features goes...This ebay listing ends soon so I have to make my decision asap. Thanks!

{SPECS: ModelGotcha!Solution Tank2 Gallons (7.6 ltrs)Recovery Tank2 Gallons (7.6 ltrs)Voltage115 volts / 240 voltsVacuum Motor1.12 hp, 2 stageWaterlift71" (1,800 mm)Air Flow80 CFM 92.5 m3 per minSolution Pump50 PSICable25' (8 m), 18-3 wire with GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)ConstructionRotational Molded PolyethyleneHand Tool4" (10 cm) width, clear, injection-molded constructionSolution/Vacuum Hose8' (2.4 m)Switch2 Position (vacuum only and vacuum/pump)Dimensions (LxWxH)9" x 8.75" x 17" (48 cm x 22 cm x 43 cm)Weight19 lbs (8.6 kg)Wheel Diameter(2) - 4" (10 cm) }

04-15-2013, 07:41 PM
It's the MODEL # C46200-00, CLEANING WIDTH 4 INCHES, WATER LIFT 71 INCHES, SOLUTION TANK CAPACITY (GAL.) 2.00, RECOVERY TANK CAPACITY (GAL.) 2.00, SOLUTION PUMP PRESSURE (PSI) 50, HORSEPOWER (HP) 1.12 (sorry about repeated specs... this was a copy & paste aha).

04-18-2013, 03:44 PM
Well the auction ended....oh well. Thinking about the mytee tempo spotter on autogeek now! Theres one on cleanfreak.com for $365. if meghan or max could match that price i may have to seriously consider it ~perhaps, they could even split the bill b/w a few no interest installment payments? Meghan/max if ur reading this do ut either or both of those options is possible? (I plan on calling in when I have some time...) I was really hoping to spend around 200 on something old and used but if the mytee works out that might be great. Anyone have feedback on the mytee?

rmagnus
04-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Well the auction ended....oh well. Thinking about the mytee tempo spotter on autogeek now! Theres one on cleanfreak.com for $365. if meghan or max could match that price i may have to seriously consider it ~perhaps, they could even split the bill b/w a few no interest installment payments? Meghan/max if ur reading this do ut either or both of those options is possible? (I plan on calling in when I have some time...) I was really hoping to spend around 200 on something old and used but if the mytee works out that might be great. Anyone have feedback on the mytee?

If they split the bill for ya you really are a good saleman! They will price match however and I believe forum members get free shipping with an order over $95. Mytee makes good stuff.

04-19-2013, 04:02 PM
If they split the bill for ya you really are a good saleman! They will price match however and I believe forum members get free shipping with an order over $95. Mytee makes good stuff.

Hahaha we'll see! My main role is currently a student, and I will soon be getting another part-time job which is great, because it will be a more steady income than the details I do through referrals, but it also will, subsequently decrease the amount of time I have for detailing:awman:, so whereas before, I couldn't really justify paying a lot for an extractor with the amount of work I was doing, now I can justify it even less b/c I'll be doing even less detailing, but the problem is, my Bissell is quitting on me after only abut 4 yrs or so of use, and I'd really like to replace it with something high quality that will do a better job of extracting, while also lasting longer.... So I have to do some cost/benefit analysis! Yes, I know about the free shipping...if there wasn't free shipping I'd be afraid to know how much the shipping costs lol! I know that many places offer payment methods in installments...so I'll just have to call in and ask :) I'd like to support AGO rather than going elsewhere. [On a side note, I just referred my cousin and and my Uncle (not his dad lol) (who could really use a velcro backing plate, pads, and compound that's newer than 10 years old for his 36' Pearson sailboat haha). I hope he gets them so next time I help him with the boat he's using some quality AGO products!

04-19-2013, 10:42 PM
Has anyone heard of or used the Nobles-Anser Ex Spot 2? I found one used...I just don't know if water lift and psi of water jet parallels the mytee...the tank is .5 gal bigger....

05-14-2013, 08:45 PM
so nevm the minuteman/nobles anser.... I was just in contact with someone who is selling me their mytee lite ii for $300. The outside of the hose looks dirty but I don't see any damage, he said it works well, and based on the way he presented himself and the product, he seems reputable. I will be driving 2.5 hrs to buy this unit (still cheaper than shipping), and will test out the machine. Is there anything I should look for/be cautious about when testing? Anything else to keep in mind? I was so close to buying a mytee tempo spotter on AGO but then I found this...too bad, I just can't afford a mytee lite new :'( I may buy this crevice tool though, if it fits on the aqua mytee (Mytee Stainless Steel Crevice Tool for Mytee Hot Water Carpet Extractors). Does anyone know if it'll fit? Also, does AGO sell defoamer? What is the best extractor solution to use, or would you recommend just using water and spraying the cleaner onto the carpet? what IS the main diff b/w the aqua mytee lite ii and the blue/black one anyway? different water lift/psi specs? I'd appreciate if anyone could respond b/c I plan on driving out to get the unit this weekend.