PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned two bucket method! FYI

Pages : [1] 2

wanabe detailer
04-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Been washing my Ram with ONRWW, using the two bucket method. Seemed to be wasting time rinsing each MF after doing a panel. Tried Gary Dean Method today, it took 15 MF to do. I will be using this method from now on.

silverfox
04-14-2013, 02:38 PM
The GD method can also be used for conventional washing as well. One bucket. No grit guards. Very fast and most of all you are never reusing the wash media.

I think people are mislead thinking a grit guard catches all the dirt. Yes it's better than nothing but nothing is better than eliminating dirt from the wash media equation altogether.

ihaveacamaro
04-14-2013, 03:34 PM
The GD method can also be used for conventional washing as well. One bucket. No grit guards. Very fast and most of all you are never reusing the wash media.

I think people are mislead thinking a grit guard catches all the dirt. Yes it's better than nothing but nothing is better than eliminating dirt from the wash media equation altogether.

:iagree:

swanicyouth
04-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Yep, me too. I let my washing machine do the towel rinsing and cleaning. I just use a new towel each panel. I've even used conventional soap with zero buckets. Just rinse car well, foam panel, wipe panel, repeat on next panel with new towel.

No more 2 BM for me. I hated dragging 10 gallons of water around, even with a dolly.

cardaddy
04-14-2013, 04:35 PM
When I don't feel like dragging the 'rinse' bucket around I'll just do a heavy rinse via hose on the mitt before ever putting it back in the soap bucket. Do always use more than one mitt though, and typically will hang the rinsed one(s) on the side of the bucket until I've used them all. (Small car I'll use 2, and move up to as many as 4. )

Pureshine
04-14-2013, 06:58 PM
I only use the GD method if the car is not very dirty and is just a wash.If the car is really dirty I do the 2 bucket method every time.

Detailing by M
04-14-2013, 07:08 PM
I tried the 2 bucket years ago and never adopted it.
Besides, most of my cars are on a sloped drive so the whole wheeled carrier wouldn't work for me either, and I would never carry 2 buckets around.
Also it's not green, your doubling your water usage.
And water costs me money.
I can wash a car with no problem.

Meticulous-Detail
04-14-2013, 07:18 PM
I started using the Ammo method (Larry) 1 bucket wash with the foam gun, shooting foam into the wash media as you wash the panel and then dip and rinse the wash media in bucket.

Dougw4355
04-14-2013, 07:18 PM
I wanna believe in the waterless wash, the GD method ect BUT.
I could possibly wash every customers car using the rinseless wash method or the GD method until....It comes to the wheels and rims which are almost always very dirty and need extreme cleaning with wheel woolies and almost ALWAYS require a hose down after cleaning them

Pureshine
04-14-2013, 07:21 PM
I tried the 2 bucket years ago and never adopted it.
Besides, most of my cars are on a sloped drive so the whole wheeled carrier wouldn't work for me either, and I would never carry 2 buckets around.
Also it's not green, your doubling your water usage.
And water costs me money.
I can wash a car with no problem.

Then how are you washing the cars and not marring them if there really dirty?

wanabe detailer
04-14-2013, 07:47 PM
Pureshine, when using rinseless wash and using clean media as necessary no need to rinse media. Granted it may take more MF to do each panel. It does also allow you to use less water as M has stated. If vehicle is real dirty,I will presoak with OptiClean in addition to help eliminate (reduce) possible marring.

silverfox
04-14-2013, 07:50 PM
I think a combination of the Ammo method and the GD method would be the best hand washing system possible.

Fresh wash media coupled with a foam gun just ahead of the MF towel as you wipe.

The only thing better would be a touchless system similar to what a lot of Europeans have adopted.

Detailing by M
04-14-2013, 08:01 PM
^^^ Power washer gets all that lose dirt off with no problem.
Also these cars are scratched and marred to heck. So if I introduce any kind of defect from washing you'd never tell.
I wash gently with a micro fiber towel, use DI water, air dry and polish.
My end product doesn't rely solely on my wash method.
I wash waterlessly, rinslessly and wet-N-wild. I wash according to the condition of the vehicle.
If you've used waterless wash as extensively as I have you'd understand that your technique is extremely important then rinsing a wash towel. So to me it's a waste of time, water & money.
But that's my opinion, I could be wrong.

Bunky
04-14-2013, 08:04 PM
I like washing with mitts since I can control the pressure especially on vertical panels. For rinseless, I use multiple mitts (5 to 7). The rinsing is not that big of an issue to me. One key factor is just how much you wipe with the microfiber. The technique is key.

wanabe detailer
04-14-2013, 08:13 PM
. The technique is key.
:iagree: