PDA

View Full Version : Best Foam Shampoo for stripping LSP?

Pages : [1] 2

VP Mark
04-14-2013, 10:57 AM
I'm getting into the foam gun game in order to better strip LSP's before Opti-Coat jobs and jobs where I am putting on something longer lasting than Opti-Seal.

What do you guys recommend for the best LSP stripping action out of a Shampoo?

I've considered Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss, but saw the regular Citrus has a little stronger wording towards stripping LSP's.

What do you guys recommend? I want the paint BARE, but want a lot of suds for the foam as well.

Pureshine
04-14-2013, 11:07 AM
All I do is add some Dawn soap its cheep and works great or just add some APC ether works great. I bought a big bottle from Costco still have after a year.

truckbutt
04-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Dawn +1

Evan.J
04-14-2013, 12:17 PM
+2 on the dawn

TimmyG
04-14-2013, 12:17 PM
I also use Dawn sometimes.

Lately have been using Citrus Wash n Gloss.

TroyScherer
04-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Although Dawn works I tend to like to use a dedicated car wash soap.

Although CG CW&G can strip LSP, I am not sure that is what you would want to use while washing in prep for a coating. I would lean more towards CG Citrus Wash Red or Citrus Wash Clear. Red being stronger.

VP Mark
04-14-2013, 02:17 PM

Although CG CW&G can strip LSP, I am not sure that is what you would want to use while washing in prep for a coating. I would lean more towards CG Citrus Wash Red or Citrus Wash Clear. Red being stronger.

This sounds like a good choice. I guess I need to get the CG Citrus Red. Anyone know how this particular product performs in a foam gun? Also, would dawn even work in a foam gun? I'm sure it would to some extent.

truckbutt
04-14-2013, 02:55 PM
Most shampoos/car washes are designed to be gentle and not remove your LSP. That is why most people will either polish the old LSP off, use a dawn wash, or use a paint cleaner to remove LSP.

pickles
04-14-2013, 03:36 PM
What about CG bug and tar shampoo? Any good? No one ever seems to mention it.

Ryry11
04-14-2013, 04:18 PM

Is red still around? I know ag still has it, but the CG website doesn't? Unless I missed it. Is it discontinued?

Kevin Cullen
04-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Not sure if AG sells it but Tough Guy 9000 works good. Has a higher PH than dawn.

Coppertone
04-14-2013, 04:33 PM
In my opinion, about a half of second of polishing removes any LSP.

VP Mark
04-14-2013, 05:37 PM
In my opinion, about a half of second of polishing removes any LSP.

I have run into some really sticky paints where that is not the case. Also, a polishing pad does not fit into every single nook and cranny that is going to be coated.

Coppertone
04-14-2013, 05:42 PM
True, I was speaking for the most part.

Andr3wilson
04-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Dawn is good.
CG Citrus Wash&Gloss is very good as well, but it has glossifying agent in it, so I don't quite know if thats what you are looking for.
CG Citrus Wash & clear can strip too, but you are using roughly 10oz of soap (foam cannon and bucket) to strip.
Migilore Citro actually works awesome.. but its $$$
I saw on another website some where, there was a few gallons of CG Citrus Wash left. Can't remember though.