PDA

View Full Version : Any Gurus could enlighten me?

s1tl
04-14-2013, 12:56 AM
Okay I have a questions on generators, yes i know i know use the search button but ive done quite some research and I just need to clear things out that im heading at the right direction.

Im planning to get a HONDA EU3000i.

My concern is would it be able to run my following equipments.
1. 2hp locally assembled Compressor. (240V)
2. Annovi Reverberi VIP 8.130 2hp pressure washer. (230V, 50Hz)
3. 1 makita 9227c rotary buffer and a 880W DA polisher.
4. a Rupes BigFoot LGR21E
5. 12v water pump for the water storage tank

My only concern is when i run both polisher and rotary buffer together. If i run both the polisher and rotary buffer together with a 300watt halogen, Would I kill my generator?

Would the generator be able to power up the air compressor by itself?

Would the generator be able to power the pressure washer with a 12v pump?

I will only use the air compressor and the pressure washer separately which means the only time there are 2 electrical equipments is when the polisher is hooked up. Would the generator take it?

jpegs13
04-14-2013, 04:07 AM
You should be ok with the generator. It's rated at 2600 watts. To be sure, look at the owners manual of the polisher and buffer.

s1tl
04-14-2013, 10:06 AM
You should be ok with the generator. It's rated at 2600 watts. To be sure, look at the owners manual of the polisher and buffer.

you mean the generator would be able to run the equipments individually?

davisautodetail
04-18-2013, 02:19 PM
There's a conversion, it's watts = amps x volts.

So, if your device pulls 10 amps at 220, it's 2200 watts. You need to know the startup and run amperage that each thing takes so you can see the combinations.

Personally, I have a 3500/4000w $400 generator, and it's about as quiet as the Honda for a substantially less cost. It's not as clean of power, but I'm not running a bunch of computers on it, so it's fine. I also try to use customer power if possible, just to cut down on noise and gas usage.

Pdetailz
04-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Okay I have a questions on generators, yes i know i know use the search button but ive done quite some research and I just need to clear things out that im heading at the right direction.

Im planning to get a HONDA EU3000i.

My concern is would it be able to run my following equipments.
1. 2hp locally assembled Compressor. (240V)
2. Annovi Reverberi VIP 8.130 2hp pressure washer. (230V, 50Hz)
3. 1 makita 9227c rotary buffer and a 880W DA polisher.
4. a Rupes BigFoot LGR21E
5. 12v water pump for the water storage tank

My only concern is when i run both polisher and rotary buffer together. If i run both the polisher and rotary buffer together with a 300watt halogen, Would I kill my generator?

Would the generator be able to power up the air compressor by itself?

Would the generator be able to power the pressure washer with a 12v pump?

I will only use the air compressor and the pressure washer separately which means the only time there are 2 electrical equipments is when the polisher is hooked up. Would the generator take it?

Just a suggestion...look into getting two eu2000's and a 40 dollar coupler instead of the one eu3000...I got them for the same price as the one 3000...that way you get 3300 watts combined or 4000 watts separate! They're also much lighter in case you wanna use one for camping or whatever....

Bill